hg survivor wristbands sign up

Volunteer your professional services, share fundraisers for HG & HER, and publicize HG to get the word out!

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme, annmarie

hg survivor wristbands sign up

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 16, 2005 9:17 pm

Who would want to get some? I think I can get them for 85 cents/each if we order 1000. Just need some front money, then folks can pay $2/each (hehe evil laughter) and support some hg research...remembering, shipping needs to be covered too, and overseas is more, so honestly, it all is a wash based on what I've seen with the baby remembrance wristbands.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby mammaclare » Aug 16, 2005 9:28 pm

Is there a color left that isn't "assigned" to any other cause?? ;)

Maybe that yellow-green of bile? Cracker colored?

Kidding! Anyway, I would order 10 at $2 a pop--I will pass them out to friends and family that probably woudn't wear them anyway!

If there are profits, can we make sure that we donate them back to HER?
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 16, 2005 9:33 pm

We do need a color. What color is HG? I think you've got it.

Want to use the 20 bucks to order 20-something of them toward the 1000? Anyone in on it early gets the bulk rate...If I can get some cash from the Foundation, then we'd be set. I'll ask, but I'm sure money is thin and pretty committed to research, where we all want it.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby bibliojo » Aug 16, 2005 10:26 pm

Ummm...I could use one? I only know of one HG survivor that would wear one and that's me! Or is this a general HG wristband that other people could wear too?

As for colour, I just say pick a colour that isn't associated with any other cause just so people don't get confused and lump us in with something else.

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby Kadinga » Aug 16, 2005 10:39 pm

Hmmmm, I know one other HG lady who would wear one if they were specific for the ladies only. I might be able to hand around 5 if they were more general - HG families or "HG can be beaten"? I couldn't collect money for them, though, as there is strict laws about that here. Helpher would have to be registered as a charity not only in Australia, but also in my state. So, hmmmm maybe commit me to 5? How are we going to pay internationally for these? I'm assuming credit cards require a fancier set-up than we'll have? International cheques add to the transaction cost further, international transfers have about a 5% charge.

????

Amanda
2 HG darlings; Heather, September '03 & Henry, May '06
"To understand and be understood makes our happiness on earth" (German Proverb)
Kadinga
Devoted to You

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 16, 2005 10:43 pm

I'll do some poking around about specifics this week and let you know about costs, etc.

Color wise, most colors are kind of "taken" so we're unlikely to really get one that's clearly us...although tie-dye would be cool. http://www.cover-alls.ca/The%20Charity% ... celets.htm

I would still like to distribute magnets (maybe or something) to hospital ERs and ob units.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby PamelaRose » Aug 16, 2005 11:05 pm

lol - Clare, I immediately wondered if they were going to be bile-colored, too! :D Maybe Zofran gold? Unisom blue? Suppository white? I could keep going here...

I'd like to order a wristband or two, Suzanne. I can't wait to see what color you come up with. :P
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Proudmama » Aug 17, 2005 12:14 am

I would be happy to buy 5 or 10. I am not sure what I would do with all of them but I am sure I can find something. Maybe we could make them more universal? This way, family members and/or friends could where them as well? (I know that my mom would wear one but she was not around me much when I was really sick. She lives several states away.) I really like "I survived HG" or "HG Survivor" but only for HG survivor and their significant others. Just a thought...

As for color, I am not sure. Can we do multiple colors? How about the burgandy and blue like the HER colors on this site? I might convince my husband to wear one if the colors were not to "girlly" :lol: .
Proudmama
Master of HG

Postby aaronsmommy » Aug 17, 2005 12:54 am

I'm voting for IV vitamin yellow as the color of hg! But I do like unisom blue too.

OMG! I browsed through the list of pins/bracelets - they have them for EVERYTHING. How does one get an official pin color? This is kind of weird!
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby dwtegli » Aug 17, 2005 10:55 am

I don't care what color they are, although I like the unisom blue idea. I will take about 15 of them at $2.00 a piece.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby Jolene » Aug 17, 2005 3:50 pm

I think of green when I think of HG, but I also think tye dye would be very cool. I would order maybe 5 bracelets?

Jolene
Jolene
HG Diva

count me in

Postby Bethers » Aug 17, 2005 6:04 pm

Hey girl count me in
Bethers -Mom to Justin 1-9-96 HG hospitalized 40+. Mom to 2 angels 5-21-04 & 11-16-04. Will ttc in Feb 2006. 2 more Months OMG!!!rl=http://www.tickercentral.com]Image[/url]
Bethers
Been There Done That

Postby JennyK » Aug 17, 2005 11:12 pm

I vote for green to represent the color of bile. :)

Pamela, I think my zofran was white, although it cost as much as gold, if that's what you meant!

I'd get 5 at $2 each. I'll put one in Annie's treasure box since she's a survivor too!
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Postby PamelaRose » Aug 19, 2005 12:27 am

My Zofran was a light yellowish-gold color, though I looked it up and found that they can be white or gold. They ought to be metallic gold for what they cost! Why do I remember peach? Is Zofran ever peach, or am I thinking of another med?
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 19, 2005 12:33 am

Here's the skinny from Kimber. The Foundation leaders did discuss wristbands at one point and decided not to go that way because they feared our bands would be lost in the pack of a zillion.

I am waiting on an email about whether a grassroots, on our own wristband campaign would be okay. Don't want to step on any toes.

If she send yes, I'll post a list of colors that are possible, based on these suggestions. I like the burgundy and blue like the logo and so like the Unisom and Colace I depend on :lol:
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Kariinbliss » Aug 19, 2005 11:34 am

My 13 year old thought bile green would be a really good color!! LOL. My 2 dds would wear the bracelets (I agree... they are survivors too!), as will dh and I. I will gladly donate toward the total cost.. but will need 5 or so. Here's a funny story:

I wear 2 bracelets that say "Mother" (am getting a remembrance bracelet for Alex soon), and yesterday a co-worker of mine asked about them. I told her about all 4 bracelets I hope to be wearing soon (Alex's and our HG one) and she was floored. She said, "Hyperemesis??? Did you have that?" She was shocked. She had HG with her daughter, 17 years ago, and NEVER in all the passing time has spoken with anyone who admitted to having it also. She was SO relieved to hear of this site and was planning on visiting. She will wear a bracelet proudly and tell everybody she knows about our site, the research and how serious this is. What a great conversation we had (even enlightening the people we were having breakfast with!) all because of a little bracelet. :-) Hope we get the go-ahead, and thanks Suzanne for spear-heading this!
5x HG mom to:
Amy... born 1/20/92
Melissa... born 2/13/95
Alex... returned to heaven 6/20/05
Angel... watching from heaven 2/2/06
Peanut... safe in the Father's arms 4/24/06
Kariinbliss
Been There Done That

Postby jjbeck » Aug 22, 2005 5:24 pm

How about clear ones w/ fluid inside ..... you know, like our IVs
Jen 34
HG X2