Reaching out to local pregnancy help facility?

Volunteer your professional services, share fundraisers for HG & HER, and publicize HG to get the word out!

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme, annmarie

Reaching out to local pregnancy help facility?

Postby Chelle » Oct 23, 2007 1:02 pm

I was listening to the radio the other day and heard an interview with a man who runs a Womans Center here in town, that is purposefully across the street from the abortion clinic. They spoke about helping women who were having a difficult time with pregnancy due to any number of reasons (I'm sure you know the type of place I'm talking about). I started wondering if they are familiar with HG there, and if I should contact them to explain HG to them. I guess I just got to thinking about them possibly getting a woman with HG in there who might talk about getting an abortion (PLEASE, I am not trying to start a pro/against abortion post here :!: ) because she was dealing wtih undaignosed HG. If they don't know about HG, they might unknowingly cracker her, in an honest attempt to help, and reaffirm there isn't any help for her (in her mind...). Has anyone contacted a facility like that/thought about doing that? I'm not quite sure how to start the conversation, it was just something I felt compelled to due after listening to this man. Any thoughts? Good idea/bad idea????
Chelle
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Chelle
Devoted to You

Postby mrsbigdog » Oct 23, 2007 1:18 pm

It seems like we discussed this once before. I think it is a great idea and actually was planning to do this at a few places around my house last spring but other life issues got in the way. I was thinking of giving them a few of the informational brochures available here and providing them with website info.

The biggest problem I saw with the situation is that almost all of the workers are volunteers and I'm not sure you could ever get the info to all of them but I figured that one was better than none!

Donna
3x HG survivor: Theresa - 11/88, Katie - 1/95, Emily - 1/06
(one HG baby in each of the last three decades! - yes, just call me crazy)

mrsbigdog
HG Diva

Postby justme » Oct 23, 2007 1:24 pm

I believe that there are downloadable pamphlets on the website that you could take. These may help women get steered into a direction of better medical care.

Karen
justme
Forum Moderator

Return to HG Awareness & Activism