UK article finally published in the Mirror!

Volunteer your professional services, share fundraisers for HG & HER, and publicize HG to get the word out!

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme, annmarie

UK article finally published in the Mirror!

Postby annmarie » Sep 26, 2007 2:28 pm

You can view the article on the Mirror website. Here is the link...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/yourlif ... -19838595/
Ann Marie King
Co-Founder
HER Foundation
"Together we are heard, alone we are silent"
annmarie
Forums Administrator

Postby Natalie » Sep 26, 2007 2:31 pm

An excellent article! Well done Yoko!!

Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby RebeccaM » Sep 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Wow! :shock: Poor thing was soooooo sick! What a great article. I hope lots of people read it.
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby sas21 » Oct 26, 2007 1:59 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I saw that in the paper a couple of weeks ago and have just found this site!

It is such a relief (in a way) to see that I was not the only one to suffer with this and that there are others out there who can understand what I went through.

I had the usual "oh, she'll get over it, its just morning sickness, everyone has it" rubbish and all along I was thinking, no, this is NOT normal! :roll:

I did see it written on my hospital notes feom when I had to stay in for a few days on an IV for fluids but never really looked into it and wasn't told anything about it or told that I had it at any point in my pregnancy! :(

I am so glad that there are people who are working to get it recognised and publicised! :D

Sarah
xx
sas21

Postby Natalie » Oct 26, 2007 2:47 pm

Hi Sarah,

Hello and welcome :)

Glad that you saw the article and that it led you here. Isn't it wonderful in a weird way but also a relilef to know you're not alone. That you weren't mad and that there are others out there IRL who have had HG?

Love Natalie, x
2003 - DD
2006 - DS
2010 - DS
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby sas21 » Oct 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Natalie wrote:Hi Sarah,

Hello and welcome :)

Glad that you saw the article and that it led you here. Isn't it wonderful in a weird way but also a relilef to know you're not alone. That you weren't mad and that there are others out there IRL who have had HG?

Love Natalie, x

Hi!

It is great to be able to relate to other women in the same or similar situations and know that ther are people that understand.

I knew nothing at all about HG and only found out about it after my son was around two.

I just wish I had known about it (and this site) when I was actually pregnant and going through it.

My heart goes out to all the mothers out there who have had HG in the extreme - I dont know how they gat through it, there are some extremely strong ladies on here :hugs:

I would love to be involved in somehow publicising and getting some recognition for this condition in the UK. It is about time all the other women who suffer were made aware that there is help and there are people who can understand and who have gone throuhg similar.

xx
sas21

Return to HG Awareness & Activism