Found a newbie from the newspaper

Volunteer your professional services, share fundraisers for HG & HER, and publicize HG to get the word out!

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme, annmarie

Found a newbie from the newspaper

Postby Xphile_mo » Sep 17, 2007 8:43 am

Hey all!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but my mother got the Sunday Post newspaper yesterday and pointed out an article to me in which Miss Commonwealth Scotland was being interviewed for having HG. Her name is Amanda Jane Taylor and she's now approx 6 months preg and was letting people know how it affected her etc and that she couldn't believe how awful it was etc etc. The newspaper article itself wasn't brilliant from an HG media point of view, but at least didn't play it down as m/s at least which is something.

Anyway, e-mailed her to let her know about HER and she replied today to say thankyou for the info and that she'd definitely come and check it out. She's feeling much better but wants to see if she can help others and provide support. She has her own website (which I'd already checked to see if the HG was mentioned but strangely enough, it hadn't been updated since just before she got preg, lol!) so suggested she have a look and - if she feels comfortable with it - she could maybe post her HG story on her website and put a link to HER also.

Have obviously added that I don't want her to feel pressured into it as don't wish that, but it would be great to think that anyone who checked her website could see the HER link and find out more. Esp if women with HG hear that she's suffered it and check out her website for that purpose.

Just wanted to let you all know x x x
Moira x x x

Xphile_mo
HG Expert

Postby RebeccaM » Sep 19, 2007 8:06 pm

That's great that she's being so open about it. I'm glad you refered her to HER (sorry, I couldn't resist :wink: ). I really hope she takes a look at the site.
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby Xphile_mo » Sep 20, 2007 1:43 am

She's replied to me a few times now telling me about herself. She said last night that she was having problems as hadn't received her HER code so couldn't log in to post(?!?). Wasn't sure what to do about that, so told her to try again, then try one of the mods links and ask for some help.

She's due her baby on Friday, and says as soon as she has her baby (and she's happy everything's ok) she'll update her website. She'll add a link to HER, update her blog and basically put what she's been through! :D
Moira x x x

Xphile_mo
HG Expert

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Sep 20, 2007 3:14 am

That's great!!
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby RebeccaM » Sep 20, 2007 3:25 pm

Great!

hmmmm....not sure what a HER code is. Is she just trying to get set up with a user account for the forums? All that involves is creating your own user name and password.
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Return to HG Awareness & Activism