Please reach out to your doctors and hospitals

Volunteer your professional services, share fundraisers for HG & HER, and publicize HG to get the word out!

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme, annmarie

Please reach out to your doctors and hospitals

Postby justme » Jan 08, 2007 10:39 am

Ladies,

I hear so much of our suffering in our posts, and would like to make this suggestions to help make pregnancy a better experience for future hg sufferers:

Please write your doctors and hospitals a letter. Tell them about yourself, about your experience, about your suffering and fears. And let them know that they can help future patients experience more compassion and hope in their pregnancies by providing more aggressive, proactive care. Tell them about this website and how they can find good information here about treament and support.

Print off the brochures from this website and take them to your local hospital.

This one simple act could possibly help a woman in the future - and save a baby.

It may be a cliche, but together we can make a difference.

Lots of love to you,
Karen
justme
Forum Moderator

Postby NoMoreHG » Feb 04, 2007 11:59 am

As soon as I received Kimber's email regarding the Dr. Phil show I sat down and wrote a letter to my OB's office informing them (again) about the website and all of the information available on it. I also included a little note about Dr. Phil's show being interested in covering HG and suggested they could refer patients to Kimber if they might be interested in taking part. I'm not sure how much will happen since I suspect that their malpractice insurance and general liability may prevent them from using material that is not approved by the GYN/OB organization. I will continue to reach out... and hope others do too! Without such a supportive OB physician (and all of her colleagues) I would have been in a much darker place through my misery!!
HG Survivor Two Times Over
Emily ~ Born Nov. 2002
Luke ~ Born May 2006
NoMoreHG
Welcomed Friend

Return to HG Awareness & Activism