HG Book is available!!!!

Volunteer your professional services, share fundraisers for HG & HER, and publicize HG to get the word out!

Moderators: RebeccaM, justme, annmarie

Postby Jenny » Feb 22, 2007 10:19 pm

I posted this in the mods forum a few days ago b/c I was so proud, and didn't want to shamelessly flaunt in the Life forum, but I just caught this thread and thought I should share it here too. I am so proud to have Jordan out there still touching people's hearts! What an amazing boy he is!

Wow! I am in shock, and felt weird about posting this in the main forum. BUT I got a comment on my blog tonight. All it said was "I hope you don't mind." but the words were in blue so I knew it was a link. So I clicked the link and it went to Ashli's blog, I am pretty sure she is the Author of "Beyond Morning Sickness" She quoted us and linked to Jordan's website, then below the quote she made a statement of outrage against our previous doctor!!!

HERE is the extra irony, I literally ordered her book last week! I haven't gotten it yet. But isn't the universe an odd thing?

http://thesiclecell.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... te-of.html
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby *my3sons* » Feb 23, 2007 12:28 am

Oh, Jenny, your son Jordan has already touched this world more than I have in my 37 years. He is an ambassador from heaven. You must be so proud of him.

Great big cheers for you, Jordan!

Love,
Amy
my3sons
3X HG Survivor
loved and lost 2005
*my3sons*
HG Expert

Postby tatteredtoo » Feb 23, 2007 12:34 am

Oh Jenny, that is so awesome! I say Flaunt, flaunt away! You have every right to, and I'm glad that she's mentioned this on yours and Jordan's behalf. I'm really taking a liking to Ashli after the few comments of support she's given me, and now reading her book AND now supporting you as well. Even though I haven't caught her here on the forums, she definitely feels like the rest of my HG sisters here.

BTW, I jumped into the book and COULD NOT put it down! Yeah, some of the terminology was difficult, going from medical lingo to reading as if it were taken directly from someone's speech to even some internet abbreviations (Haha I noticed MIL and FIL - way cool :D), but over all I am REALLY enjoying the book! I've cried, so so much, and even giggled at a few things that only HGers could understand (like the stinky guy in the ER during one story LoL One of those things you HAVE to laugh at or you'd cry scenarios that we get as HGers). Anyway, enough of my rambling and raving. I'm nearly 100 pages in and have only been reading for about an hour. Guess I'll have more to rave about when I'm done.

This is one I'm definitely going to be sending to my doctors!
Tina
2 Full term HG pregnancies and 1 HG anembryonic pregnancy (7-8 weeks)
tatteredtoo
HG Expert

Postby Jenny » Feb 23, 2007 4:10 pm

My book arrived today!
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby Thisbattymom » Mar 08, 2007 7:33 am

That is wonderfull!!!! I am putting a request in at my library for a copy. The only book they have right now on NVP is "The Morning Sickness Companion" by Elizabeth Kaledin (ISBN: 0-312-28489-6)

BTW I do something kinda silly that I am not sure really helps but I do it anyway...8) :lol:
I periodically check out any book the library has on certain topics of personal special interest (anything on NVP/HG, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler, etc) even though I have long since read them. I keep them out just a day or two and then return them. I am hoping this keeps the books fresh in the minds of the library staff and when they get to weeding out books they don't get rid of these. The thing is they are not exactly common requests but when someone needs them - they NEED them.
>Me: Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, spontaneous pneumothorax, Stephen Johnson's syndrome, hyperemesis gravidarium, thrombophlebitis (5x), ...etc
>DD: Duane Syndrome Strabismus, ADHD, Asperger's Syndrome, & Type 1 Diabetes. Gifted IQ
>DC: due may 2012

~Learning to leave it ALL in God's hands.~
Thisbattymom
Been There Done That

Previous

Return to HG Awareness & Activism