How to decide

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

How to decide

Postby hurryup » Dec 17, 2012 8:09 am

I have 18 month old twins, I suffered badly with hyperemesis on that pregnancy & of course swore I wouldnt have anymore. My husband was willing to have a vasectomy after the birth but something stopped me & we decided to wait a year or so before making such a big decision. Ive been through all the emotions since then about having more, some days I am sure I wont have anymore other days I feel I really would like one more. There is a small piece of me that thinks maybe I wouldnt get it again if I was only having a single baby but the reality is HG is in my family so Im probably pre disposed to it anyway. Im afriad of so many things, who would look after my twins if I end up sick again, would my mental health survive another HG. Im pretty sure I am suffering some kind of PTSD or possibly PND. The HG along with a very complicated delivery which landed me in intensive care for a week. Thats without the 2 years of IVF just to get pregnant! Yet even with all this I look at my twins & think you were worth every horrible moment of it & I know I would feel the same about any future child I might have, How on earth does someone make this decision? :?:
hurryup

Re: How to decide

Postby DebbieS » Dec 17, 2012 5:31 pm

It's a tough one, because all the points you made were valid. I think it comes down to planning. If you decide to have another, then you will need to have a good plan in place to ensure you & your family gets the best care. You start with the assumption that you will have HG and fertility issues again, and plan aspects like mental health care, alternative child care arrangements for your twins, a good medical team & treatment plan, and anything else that would make the journey easier.
Deb
3xHG
DS 2003; Loss 2005.
DD 2007.
DebbieS
Devoted to You

Return to No more for me!?