Need help

Help with physical and emotional healing for moms who have suffered loss.

Moderators: justme, ***, deb

Need help

Postby ggi1818 » Jan 06, 2006 2:40 pm

Hello-

Many of you have probably seen my post on the "first trimester HG" forum called "a frightening diagnosis". If you have followed the thread you will see that my wife and 14 week old unborn twins have died from complications of HG.

I have contected my local gonvernment officials and also the President. I would like that as many of you as possible do the same. Losing an unborn child is one thing and is terrible, but losing a wife should never have to happen. If we come together, we can help ensure that this never happens to anyone else. I'm trying to make a difference but need lots of help.

Thanks.

-George Giani
ggi1818

Postby BethersinMN » Jan 06, 2006 3:35 pm

I am so sorry for all you have been through. Wow. I just now have read all this. I lost 2 babies in 2004 and know how devasting that is plus losing my parents in 1987 and 2002. I am so incredibly sorry for all your pain. I can tell you that time will help, it will not completely heal, but it will help. You are such a strong man and a brave one. We are all here for you and are sending you so much love and many hugs. And you have 3 beautiful angels shining down smiling on you.

My deepest deepest sympathies to you and your family,

Bethers
BethersinMN- Justin 1/9/96 SEVERE HG (9 wks-36.5 wks) Ryan 4/18/09 (HG & Severe Preeclampsia and Hellp at 25 wks emerg c-sec 29 weeks) and 4 beautiful angels 05/21/04, 11/16/04, 7/28/06 & 10/6/12 forever loved with God & my parents till we are all together. We have begun another journey to bring another Baby-Love home. God please grant us faith, strength, courage, patientence and love through this each and every day.
BethersinMN
HG Diva

Postby IslandDreamer » Jan 06, 2006 5:35 pm

George,

In September, member and founders had a briefing in DC. There's a thread called Washington D.C. So you might want to cross post in there as well. I don't know if the video is done, but I plan to get copies to share with hospitals, docs, my doula and her birthnetwork, etc.

At that time, Kimber and another woman met with staff from my Senator's office (after I called to establish the staff's willingness) and I contacted all my reps and the President by email. What I didn't do is go local. You're right. Grassroots is needed too. Will you share what you said? Was it a letter? Narrative? Electronic, phone, or regular mail? What do you think would work best in the local environment.

While I've not lost any of my children because of HG, I did nearly lose my marriage because of the resulting depression. And I did consider aborting Hope I was so very sick. I definitely lost health during and after, money, and time from my life and my oldest son's. I also believe my oldest son is exhibiting sensory issues that are a result of the HG. Kimber has more research on that issue. Are these the kinds of stories you see being shared?

Also, have you had a chance to speak with anyone else who has suffered a maternal loss due to HG? There were two losses reported last year on these boards, and I wondered if you had spoken with those folks. I will look for the links to those posts.

We are with you.

Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Natalie » Jan 06, 2006 6:37 pm

Hi George

Here's one thread... http://www.hyperemesis.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=210

The other person I know of was known of by Andy (Ivydragon) but I'm not sure it was posted by someone on this forum. Maybe contact her??

Best wishes at this incredibly difficult time.

Natalie, x
Natalie
Forum Moderator

letters to congress

Postby ggi1818 » Jan 11, 2006 11:47 am

Here's what I wrote................................

Dear Congressman Smith-

As the husband of a young (34 years old) wife who has tragically died, I am on a mission and urgently need your help. My wife was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) but the diagnosis came too late. She suffered severe brain damage as a result of malnourishment and died from heart failure on November 25. I lost my wife and 14 week old unborn twins that night. I urge you and your staff to learn about this terrible disease and to please support legislation to fund its research. No one should have to die from this disease since it can be managed if treated early. You can learn more by logging on to www.hyperemesis.org.

Thank you very much for your time.

-George Giani
ggi1818

Postby Jenny » Jan 11, 2006 9:07 pm

George,

I am just so sorry I can't even comprehend the losses you have suffered. I have and will continue to pray for you. Thank you so much for being a positive force in trying to find more help for women who suffer from HG.

Thank you

Jenny
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Return to Loss, Grief & Recovery