How are you all holding up?

Help with physical and emotional healing for moms who have suffered loss.

Moderators: justme, ***, deb

How are you all holding up?

Postby IslandDreamer » Apr 20, 2005 12:47 am

I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with the anniversary of Hope's loss and all approaching. Everything makes me cry and I miss her so much. Can't deal with reading loss books lately, and I can't seem to call my therapist either. Sigh. Struggling to cope with the many weird emotions. Guess I'm in a new stage of grief or something because how I feel and respond to things is very different compared to the last 11 months. I passed one of my ER hydration dates and know the loss anniversary is around the corner....almost like she's leaving all over again, if that makes any sense.

Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Gail » Apr 20, 2005 8:30 am

Oh Suzanne, How hard this must be for you. Your hormones are just all over the place right now. Do you have something special planned to celabrate Hope's memory? Is there anything I can do? I have been wondering how you were holding up with being pg again and Hope's anniversary approaching. I'm sending you big ((((hugs))). I recently had the first anniversary of my loss as well, so I know how overwhelming the feeling can be. But one thing I've learned from you is that you are strong and have so much to offer everyone here that needs support. Let me know how I can help you if I can.
Mom to two girls
Sydney (6-7-95)
Lauren (10-13-99)
Lost Angel (2-9-04)

Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content---Bob Dylan
Gail
Opinionated HGer

Postby nomore » Apr 20, 2005 9:34 am

Suzanne,

Big Hugs..... Im sorry your having so much grief right now. I am sorry for that. I am sure your hormones are all over the place and its not helping with your emotions. I know personally in the months after our loss, when my body still was very hormonal, it was worse dealing with the feelings. Now, I only have my worst days during my time of the month, when I get really hormonal. Im sorry for what you are feeling. I saw your other post about your feelings regarding your losses and currently being pregant. I hope your doing OK. Im thinking of you.....

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

So much

Postby janice » Apr 20, 2005 12:11 pm

Suzanne,

My heart goes out to you now. I hope you find peace and solace in the coming days. There are so many things going on at once for you right now. That feeling of just being overwhelmed. I know it well. I can't seem to find the right words to say but know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
Janice
janice

Postby meg » Apr 20, 2005 5:26 pm

Suzanne,

I can't pretend to know what you are feeling, but I have the utmost respect for your courage in sharing your grief and your strength in dealing with your losses. The compassion and support you show to all the women on this site is a tribute to your children.

Love,
Hugs,
Meg

Mom to Anabel (7), Patrick (4) and Moira Grace (1)
HG Survivor
HG Free since 4.22.05!!!
meg
Devoted to You

Return to Loss, Grief & Recovery