Write to Oprah: a show on Grief and Child Loss

Help with physical and emotional healing for moms who have suffered loss.

Moderators: justme, ***, deb

Write to Oprah: a show on Grief and Child Loss

Postby IslandDreamer » Mar 16, 2007 6:40 pm

IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby octobermomma » Mar 18, 2007 2:00 pm

Suzanne,

I went to the link with intentions of filling out the form. But I just couldn't. Things are still too new and raw...and with the HG being back in rare form and my EDD creeping up on me...this just isn't the time.

If any of you decide to do this, let me know so I can pray for you. I'm sorry but I can't do any more than that right now.

~Kelly
octobermomma
Master of HG

Postby Jenny » Mar 18, 2007 4:13 pm

I am going to reply, could definitely use prayers!
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby Jenny » Mar 18, 2007 4:48 pm

Before submitting my story, I looked all over the oprah site to make sure this is a current link, do we know that it is? I couldnt find it there.
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby Jenny » Mar 18, 2007 5:14 pm

ok I mostly just copied my dr phil story and added and subtracted, but I went ahead and sent in a story even though I couldn't find a current link to it... this is what I sent...

In my twenties, I married and had three sons. During all of my pregnancies I was plagued with a terrible condition called Hyperemesis Gravidarum. This is persistent vomiting in pregnancy which results in extreme dehydration, weight loss, and disability for the Mom. You may have heard of Hyperemesis (HG) in regards to the well known Alison Quets case of an HG survivor who later gave her twins up for adoption and has been charged with kidnapping them and fleeing to Canada.

In 2004, I remarried. My new husband very much wanted a child, and I warned him about HG and its horrors. We decided to try anyway. My three teenage sons were committed to helping me when I got sick. There is no way you can describe HG to someone who hasn’t seen it though. I really don’t think my family knew what they were committing to. The first few weeks I just had morning sickness. I felt ok at times and at other times, I felt pretty bad. But I had enough of the good times to keep myself hydrated.

Then at twelve weeks my world came crashing down. I went from throwing up just a few times a day, to throwing up non-stop. I called my doctor who said “If you feel worse tomorrow call me.â€Â
Last edited by Jenny on Mar 18, 2007 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny Davidson
DH Charles Davidson
Married May 27, 2004

Jenny
HER Majesty

Postby *my3sons* » Mar 18, 2007 10:45 pm

Jenny,
I think that is perfect! Best of luck. Thank you for the part about knitting hats for moms who have no other gift for their child. I feel totally represented by that.
:hugs:
Amy
my3sons
3X HG Survivor
loved and lost 2005
*my3sons*
HG Expert

Postby peanut » Mar 19, 2007 3:39 am

Jenny,

I hope she picks you. You would be perfect for that show!

Lora
Lora
Image Image

[/url]
peanut
Master of HG

Postby IslandDreamer » Mar 19, 2007 7:22 am

It's definitely current. Another foundation is ALL over it in their forums. In all these years, Oprah has never done such a topic. Speculation at the other grief board has been that she wasn't ready after having a stillborn child in her teens.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to Loss, Grief & Recovery