How are you preparing?

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

How are you preparing?

Postby Janifer » Nov 10, 2004 10:48 am

Well I think I am prepared but I would love to see what everyone else is doing or did to prepare.

I have my Zofran, unisom, b6 (which I am taking now), meclizine, and I am currently doing acupunture. I have the drawer by my bed full of lemon drops, suckers, sea bands, Tums, ginger candy, and a few other misc. items. I have prepared family and friends and arranged for childcare. My moms house is stocked with my sons diapers, clothes, and food. I also like a freak organized my entire house...closet's, drawers, and I am keeping it kinda clean. Last time I got sick my house was in dissaray. I had started a picture organizing project and I had every picture I have taken in the last 10 years spread on my living room floor to put in albums and laundry piled up. Then people started coming over to visit and bring dinners and I was upstairs just dying thinking about it. So I feel like I am kinda ready. I almost have a cocky "bring it on" attitude like I am going to win this battle so just try me. Isn't that silly. :)

Anyway, can you guys share what did or are doing so I can think if I forgot something.

Oh and I also gained weight. For some reason can't stop eating like crazy, I htink I am worried about HG and not eating so I am just goign crazy. I am still gaining weight. Geez, if I don't get sick I am going to be HUGE. hee hee That would be fine with me, what a great trade. ;)

Jen
Janifer

Postby Sarahb » Nov 10, 2004 11:48 am

Hi Janifer, that is awesome, your post put a smile on my face. What you have done sounds something like what I planned to do! My house looks like a bomb has hit it and I couldn't care less! Mind you though I haven't had any un announced vistors, if I start trying to straighten up a little bit my 3 year old asks me who's coming over? Like that is the only time I keep things clean!!! So far I am taking B6 and my husband before he went away to work stocked me up on tortillas, they are my thing I munch on when I start to feel ill. I do want to get some preggie pops too, I have heard some good things about them, even from people with HG which really surprised me. As for the sea bands, I gave them a flick with my first pregnancy, oh and I am also starting to drink ginger ale, I am really not a pop drinker, but water is really starting to not taste so good over the last couple of days. I also gained weight, around 10lbs (or maybe a little bit more) I am not sure, but I do know that it is a very tight squeeze getting into my jeans! I kinda feel the same way as you, I hate having this extra weight, but I know once I start puking for real I will be grateful for it. So anyway what you have done sounds very prepared, I think I need to take some advice from you...good luck. Sarah
Sarahb

Postby bibliojo » Nov 10, 2004 5:33 pm

Hi Jen,

I'm planning for my second pregnancy as well although I'm not as far ahead as you in the planning! I'm still stuck on trying to find a doctor! :? But what I have done is compiled all the information that I could find on HG into a binder. I then plan on meeting with a OB/GYN with lots of knowledge of HG to go over the treatments that I'm considering and get advice from them on what would be best and from that make up a protocol. I've also gleaned lots from this site in terms of other people's protocols and meds used for the treatment of HG. I am already taking regular vitamins, extra B6 and extra folic acid. I've learned that once you get pregnant, your body uses more blood and so your red blood cells can get depleted causing you to be more nauseated but taking extra folic acid may help that. I figure that it can't hurt to try especially with folic acid already being so important to combat birth defects!

There is another post that you may be interested in in this particular forum. It's called Non-medical Protocol and it's been posted by galit. It's a list of all things one needs to get done before being hit with HG. I am planning to use it as a checklist before I ttc.

Best of luck to you! I admire your attitude! :D

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Return to Preparation for HG