We would love another baby but were afraid.....

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

We would love another baby but were afraid.....

Postby Hotbrass » Sep 20, 2004 11:48 am

I'm new to HER and wish I had known about it earlier. I have two HG babies and the youngest is five years old. We would love to have another baby but we are so not excited about another hard HG time. I had both babies at home and never saw a doctor for the HG but have moved to a great nurse midwife who can help with drugs if I need to have them. What drug works the best because I tried everything natural that you can imagine and this time I'm willing to try drugs. Thanks anyone for the advice. Mtpure
Hotbrass
Been There Done That

Hi

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 21, 2004 12:23 am

Hi,

I just saw your post this evening.

Have you read about this study and preemptive therapies for hg: http://www.helpher.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=849

I am certain I will not try again. I have one living child and do not have it in me to do hg and ppd (I was psychotic after my son's birth) again. But I am amazed at all the women who are so brave here at HER, yourself included.

There are so many treatment options. Is your midwife well-versed in hg? There are protocols to print for her and a health professionals forum for her to visit.

Good luck. And have fun :wink: .

Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to Preparation for HG