Planning a pregnancy after 3 HG pregnancies

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

Planning a pregnancy after 3 HG pregnancies

Postby acv626 » Feb 23, 2016 10:55 am

Hello all,

My name is Ashley, I'm a mother of 2 sons aged 9 and 6. I had severe HG when I was pregnant with my oldest, in and out of the hospital and on a PICC line. With my 2nd pregnancy I began to have HG and I unfortunately lost that pregnancy. During my pregnancy with my youngest, I had HG but it was well controlled with Kytril. I had a tubal ligation during my C-section with my last son (due to being pushed into it by my ex). I was alone and depressed during these pregnancies which I'm convinced made my HG worse. My ex-husband was a POS and that's a topic for another time.

Fast forward to now. I am divorced from my sons' father (the father of all 3 pregnancies).. and am engaged to an amazingly wonderful man who has no children of his own. Last week we travelled 1800 miles to get my tubal ligation reversed in hopes that some day we can try for a baby together. Now that the surgery is over and I'm recovering, I'm growing more and more scared to experience HG again.

I am writing this in hopes of hearing stories - from women who have had different fathers and what their experiences may have been. Is there a possibility I will not have HG due to it being a different father? - I have heard this before but I'm not sure how much truth there is to it. - Also, I am the happiest I've ever been in my life, my fiancé is a great support system, as well as my family. I am not depressed this time around.

Thank you for reading, feel free to ask any questions, and I look forward to hearing your answers and stories!! Thank you so much. :)
acv626

Re: Planning a pregnancy after 3 HG pregnancies

Postby Misstristyn » Apr 07, 2016 5:57 pm

Well, it's been awhile, but I imagine you're still thinking about this. I've heard that too about a different father, but all my pregnancies are by the same man, so I have no 1st hand evidence to offer. Every pregnancy is different, though, and that I can definitely verify. I'm on my 5th and they were all different. I think stress and support are huge in coping with HG. I understand how daunting it can be facing it again. Chances are good though that it won't be the nightmare it was last time. You know what works for you, you have time to prepare, and more support.
Personally, I'm having my 1st fluffy pregnancy and I don't know why, exactly, because I've done a few things different, but I'm relieved and grateful.
Good luck, and I hope things go smoothly for you!
Misstristyn

Return to Preparation for HG