Alkaline water?>!?

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

Alkaline water?>!?

Postby ellebelle » Jul 24, 2011 1:12 am

Hey guys... So i just stumbled apon something... www.avtmassagetherapy.com/upload/Pregna ... _Water.pdf

http://reneebenzaim.com/alkaline-water-pregnancy/

Basically its saying that alkaline water drinking pre pregnancy and during pregnancy can prevent morning sickness as well as other problems..... Now i know that different things work for different people but has anyone tried this?! Or heard anything else about it.
im studying natural medicine currently and i know a bit about it, but not in pregnancy.....
Belle

Angel baby Jaidyn 20/09/2008 due to HG :( lost at 13 weeks VERY severe.

Angel baby summer lost at 7 weeks. Got severe at time of miscarriage, was mild/moderate until 6 and half weeks. 05/08/2009 rip angels.

"i will not be beaten!!"
ellebelle
Been There Done That

Postby nekorachan » Jul 25, 2011 10:36 am

i've been studying herbal and natural remedies for years (since middle school) and this sounds like a load of hogwash to me. not saying that there's no scientific basis for this, but i've not heard of it, and i'm pretty skeptical about remedies i read about in only 1 source. if it's truly legit there will be more than one source of information on it.

i don't think it would hurt to try it, but i don't think it's going to be the remedy/cure they claim.
~Shelley
Davis Alexander - 11/10/06
Angel Baby - 2/08
Jared Constantine - 12/29/10

"You don't "get" HG, unless you get HG."
nekorachan
Opinionated HGer

Postby ellebelle » Jul 27, 2011 2:43 am

No i agree... We even learnt in college that its a big scam.... There is no proof it works...but that is in general population and not sick people.... Im curious to see if it has any effect at all....
Belle

Angel baby summer lost at 7 weeks. Got severe at time of miscarriage, was mild/moderate until 6 and half weeks. 05/08/2009 rip angels.

"i will not be beaten!!"
ellebelle
Been There Done That

Postby buccasmom » Jul 27, 2011 10:42 am

I would love to find more info on this...for or against. I know a number of people that "swear" by drinking alkaline water...in fact, my mother, who was diagnosed with colon cancer 2 1/2 years ago has been drinking it since her diagnosis.
I have easy access to the water, and I have thought about giving it a try...
buccasmom

Postby nekorachan » Jul 27, 2011 12:07 pm

would you be willing to be our guinea pig (so to speak)?
~Shelley
Davis Alexander - 11/10/06
Angel Baby - 2/08
Jared Constantine - 12/29/10

"You don't "get" HG, unless you get HG."
nekorachan
Opinionated HGer

Postby ellebelle » Jul 27, 2011 9:40 pm

I know im willing to try it.... Im not sure how we get it here in aus maybe at health food stores ill have a look today when i go shops ...

If i find it and its affordable i plan to drink it from now till whenever i fall preg which could be a while sorry im not going to be a very good guinea pig i am not planning to ttc for a long time yet. Not in the physical mental or relationship state.
Belle

"i will not be beaten!!"
ellebelle
Been There Done That

Postby buccasmom » Aug 02, 2011 7:10 am

Yes, I would be willing to try it...like I said, I have easy access to the water. We are thinking of ttc late fall/early winter.
I'm going to start drinking the water now, so I will be drinking it at least 3-5 months in advance.
I will let you know how it works.
buccasmom

IT MAKES SENSE

Postby NefertariNeil » Dec 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Greetings mommies and mommies to be...
I'm not a newby to this site but I haven't been around since my two year old was born. I often peek in and out and wish you all lots of love. I wanted to chime in if I could on the alkaline water. I am almost 40 with five children. I have been pregnant 12 times all with HG except my very first which ended prematurely due to a placenta previa. I also suffer with Ptyalism or the "spits" as I like to call them. Every single scenerio that you ladies have endured, I have also, so I FEEL you on a soul level. I am a trained herbalist and recently went completely vegan. I have helped many women achieve pregnancy and I work with clients with all sorts of illness and DIS-EASE. I am currently working on my own proactive plan to combat HG.

As crazy as it sounds my DH and I are considering TTC again soon. After numerous bouts of EXTREME suffering, I kind of took on the notion to take matters into my own hands, especially after all medical treatments have failed. Alkaline water makes perfect sense to me. Not only did I have HG severely, but I also spit all day every day until way after postpartum. The spitting was also a MAJOR culprit of the dehydration. You constatntly spit on TOP of HG.

After doing my own research I've come to the conclusion that MY hg IS based on an over acidic body. Here's why: A few years ago I had a bacterial infection and was prescribed antibiotics. I had only taken them for two days when my stomach lining was completely destroyed and I begin to spit constantly like I normally do when I'm poregnant. That was the first light bulb right there. Too bad I had already delivered!! I am originally from the Caribbean so I LOVE spicy foods and it has damaged my lining as well. All of these things create excess acid in the body, just as pregnancy does. What combats acidity better than alkalinity? If we combat the acid...we may have a start.

Please do your research on how pregnancy itself causes our bodies to be more acidic. If you don't buy into the whole alkaline water thing, because it can be expensive, a simple an inexpensive way to alkalize your body is by squeezing lemon into your water.

Our diet is at the root of it all...I promise you this. Alkaline water may not be a cure in most people's minds, but it certainly gives us serial HGers hope for a cure. If I get pregnant soon, I will let you know how it goes, BTW my daughter is 38 weeks and has not had ONE TOUCH OF HG!!!! GO FIGURE!! Maybe it's not genetic after all?

Live well ladies!
What would I do if I gave up now?
NefertariNeil

Re: Alkaline water?>!?

Postby Chloesteens » Nov 12, 2015 3:48 pm

Hi I have just stumbled across this forum and your post about alkaline water! I know it's been a few years since your post, did you end up conceiving again? And did you trial the alkaline water? I have had HG with both pregnancies! And the thought of going through it again is terrifying! Both my babies also have reflux! My 7month old son has SEVERE gastro oesophageal reflux disease and a cows milk protein allergy! The first 3 months he literally screamed up to 8 solid hours a day! I have been doing my research and I have a feeling their reflux may well be related to my HG and my body being in an overly acidic state while pregnant! Before I think about conceiving again I would love to hear from you or anyone who has tried the alkaline water! also have any of your babies suffered with reflux?
Thankyou in advance!
Kind regards
Chloe
Chloesteens

Return to Preparation for HG