Question regarding my IV what to piggyback Zofran with

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

Question regarding my IV what to piggyback Zofran with

Postby Bethers » Oct 15, 2005 6:52 pm

Hi gals:

Just wondering what has worked for you through IV if Zofran alone didn't do it. I know at point they had to piggyback Reglan too. Although when they put Reglan directly in the site I got extremely depressed which then led to my termination last year. The dr. wants to hold off on Zofran. I am just wondering some other ideas of what I could piggyback it with if Zofran isn't enough. Also, I can't do Phenegran it gave me an allegeric reaction. Ish. Any advice...... Anyone start IV's right away also and did that make a dif rather then waiting till sick? I felt a lot better when i was on home IV's.
Bethers -Mom to Justin 1-9-96 HG hospitalized 40+. Mom to 2 angels 5-21-04 & 11-16-04. Will ttc in Feb 2006. 2 more Months OMG!!!rl=http://www.tickercentral.com]Image[/url]
Bethers
Been There Done That

Postby nomore » Oct 16, 2005 9:06 am

Bethers,

Ok, have some ideas:

Benedryl (although this can cause an anxiety reaction in some people, it did to me, but others have loved it)

Vistiril- this actually has anti-anxiety properties. I am not sure if they give it IV, I know it comes in pills and they can do it as an injection.

Compazine- I think this the same family of drugs as phenergan. (Also called Stemtil, I know lots of UK people use this one). I have never had it before so I know little about it).

For me its the phenergan thats worked well, but not an option for you. I had a unfavorable reaction to reglen in my 1st pregnancy, so I avoided it. Plus, the depression properties are NOT helpful when you already are not feeling your best. This is why I warned you of benedryl. I was taking it my 2nd pregnancy and didnt realize it caused me to be anxoius.... I was already a basket case ya know? I took it last spring, not pregnant, and spent a day or 2 having small anxiety attacks while driving, and my DR told me then that some people react this way to benedryl.

Also-

I would make sure you have a reflux med in there to (Zantac, pepcid, etc)

And, possibly consider what anti-anxitiety or depression meds you can add if needed. We actaually treated my anxiety and depression successfully with NAET this time.... and it has made a WORLD of difference.

HUGS.... you WILL get there Beth :)

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby mdeban » Oct 16, 2005 5:36 pm

I do zofran, and a steroid, it has worked miricals for me!!! I also do b6!
Megan
Cole 4-14-04 (deletion 22Q13)
Mackenzie 01-02-06
Angel May 2006
Ella April 11, 2007
mdeban
Opinionated HGer

Return to Preparation for HG