Doctor Just Might Get It!

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

Doctor Just Might Get It!

Postby HdGAMom2B » Jul 01, 2004 5:31 pm

I am so happy with my doctor today! We had our appointment, got the IUD out,a nd we've been trying for only a week now. At the appointment, she had said that she'd start me on Reglan, and then work our way towards Zofran, which was my first choice. Well, when I lef the appointment and didn't have a prescription for anything, i figured she wanted me pregnant before she gave me meds. I wanted Zofran before i left, but after all the Q's I asked her, I figured she's probably right. Get pregnant, and then get the meds.

Well, I received a prescription in the mail today, For ZOFRAN! I"m so happy! She wrote a note: " Christine, I forgot your prescription, and I decided on the Zofran. Love Deborah."

So, I have this script for Zofran, 8 mg, every 6 hours, PRN, and it'll be 20 pills. That's a start. Last time, it was one dose IV Zofran, and the insurance company didn't pay for anything else. I wa using Pepsid, and other stuff, but didn't get the hard-hitting meds. One reason we felt we had to terminate, I was so far gone, with little care. Or concern, I mgiht add. THis time around, we'll get ourselves a Peri from Baltimore, who can dole out orders for HER (nicey nicey doc here in my town) to carry out.

I have renewed hope. I know this will be the battle of our lives, but in a small way, this is my ammo! Thought I'd share my happiness.

Christy
*We're pregnant!! 30 wks -due March 24th, 2005
*Failed adoption after 6 wonderful days (baby Claire Delaney, b. 5/6/04)
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

Postby Traci in Japan » Jul 02, 2004 5:41 am

Your doc. sounds great. If all works out then make sure you sing her praises to everyone you meet.
Traci in Japan
Australian, three boys (hg pregnancies and births in Japan)
Traci in Japan
Welcomed Friend

Postby Natalie » Jul 02, 2004 5:30 pm

Hi Christy

What a great doctor you seem to have found - just what you need. Someone you can trust, who cares about you and your future child.
I also wanted to say that I am really excited for you at this time, although, it must be pretty nerve racking!
I really, really hope everything goes ok and that the meds work so you can manage your HG.
If I had babydust, I'd sprinkle some your way :) !

Blessings to you

Natalie.
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Return to Preparation for HG