Need your support

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

Need your support

Postby Bethers » Aug 11, 2005 10:38 am

Well we have decided not to adopt. It sucks as we lose about 8000 we have already spent and all the work that goes into it. But we had to keep adding money and then found out we could lose money if the birth mom changed her mind. We really want our own bio. We had planned originally to wait until a year or two and i kept thinking how can take of the adopted baby with HG. Right now I am working on getting myself healthy, using the money for the adoption to pay off bills so debt wise if I am in bed I am ok and then trying in a year or two. I am also on WW to take off 45-50 lbs. So in a year or two I will start again. Please tell me if this is good to get a good OB, to start Vit B6 but how soon and take Folic Acid now. How much Folic? Anything else I should be doing with it a year or two away. I want mine to be like Robin's pregnancy now. So Robin if you are reading suggestions please. Any help or anything would be great you guys. Thanks.
Bethers -Mom to Justin 1-9-96 HG hospitalized 40+. Mom to 2 angels 5-21-04 & 11-16-04. Will ttc in Feb 2006. 2 more Months OMG!!!rl=http://www.tickercentral.com]Image[/url]
Bethers
Been There Done That

Postby nomore » Aug 11, 2005 10:47 am

Bethers,

I know Ive been sort of out of touch... and Im so sorry :( Im also sorry the adoption process doesnt seem to be working out for you.

In the Prep for HG folder I have my protocol posted. Also in the Altenative Meds folder I posted about the NAET (this has been a HUGE thing for me).

Here are things that I really feel helped for this pregnancy, in prep:

Accupunture PRIOR to TTC
NAET allergy treatments
Detoxing liver/body
Coming up with a support plan for DD's care
B6

If you are able, I would look into possibly considering these treatments. Even though this pregnancy is MUCH better, I will warn you, it still sucks :( But, at least its at a level I can handle better.

Im sending you love...
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby ischa » Aug 11, 2005 11:38 am

Hi, I can definatley second what Robin said. I also did accu and other alternative treatments and this is my first of 4 pgs without HG. This is a real miracle for me as with my other three the HG got significantly worse each time.

One other thing I did which I really believe made a huge difference was a very strict detox diet and I drank a detox tea for 8 months prior to conception. The detox diet was rough while I did it but I am very thankful now.

Ischa

PS. Robin, I am glad that you are starting to feel well enough to post again. I get excited anytime I read posts from you!
ischa

Thankss girls and Robin so good to hear from you!

Postby Bethers » Aug 11, 2005 1:50 pm

Robin OMG finally. I am so glad your doing ok. This is the best decision for us. Otherwise we are going to be in such financial ruins. I wanted to try even with adopting but I think without another baby to take care of it would be all the better. What is the NAET and how do I detox my body? I will read your other posts in the prep folder. I am scared and excited. It won't be for a year or two. I can use all the adoption money to pay my bills off in case I can't work bummer part is I spent 10,000 on this adoption already. Ya live and learn.
Bethers -Mom to Justin 1-9-96 HG hospitalized 40+. Mom to 2 angels 5-21-04 & 11-16-04. Will ttc in Feb 2006. 2 more Months OMG!!!rl=http://www.tickercentral.com]Image[/url]
Bethers
Been There Done That

Postby bibliojo » Aug 11, 2005 11:50 pm

Bethers,

I'm so sorry that the adoption thing isn't going to work out for you. It must be very hard for you right now. (((hug)))

I'd encourage you to read the posts by Robin about NAET if you are interested. There a couple here in this folder and some in the alternative medicine folder. It's sounds like a very interesting theory, especially since I have seen it work for Robin!

As for the folic acid, I believe motherisk recommends 1 mg, but as long as you are taking .400 mg to prevent spina bifida, you should be fine. This amount is any womens regular vitamins. And how soon to start the B6 really depends on you and when you will be ttc. I think you should get 6 months of B6 in before starting to ttc. Some around here I think have done a year. I've been taking extra B6 myself now for 10 months. Whether it will help or not we'll see!

We're here to support you and help you along this difficult road. I'll be thinking of you!

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Hi you guys and thanks

Postby Bethers » Aug 12, 2005 7:02 am

Yes, I feel totally comfortable with not adopting and spending any more money I am already out 9000+ and all the work and invasion into our lives. But, we really want our own bio. Jus is my son from my first marriage. I think all of us that are going through HG can understand why I want to do this. Thank god for all of you and the support and the info learned on this site it's because of this and you guys I will get through it. It took a lot of soul searching but I decided I didn't want to spend 40,000 risk that she would change her mind and be out some more of the money and have to travel at a moment's notice to - to any state scared me. This way when I get prego I will not have to worry about taking care of another baby and I can use the left over money to pay off bills so I don't have the financial worry. Please tell me this makes sense? I haven't gotten a lot of support but every bit helps.
And now I just focus on getting 45-50 lbs off and start all these prep measures I am learning from all of you.
Bethers
Been There Done That

Return to Preparation for HG