HG

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

HG

Postby Got2bmaemae » Jun 27, 2004 4:45 pm

xxx.
Last edited by Got2bmaemae on Nov 07, 2007 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got2bmaemae

Postby HdGAMom2B » Jun 28, 2004 6:51 am

HI! In our state, Maryland, any woman, regardless of income, can sign up for the Maryland Women and Childrens Health Program, which covers all prenatal care, and anything you should need.

Can you apply for state insurance? If you get pregnant, i'd run to the nearest health Dept, and ask. Or ask now, just in case.

But I wouldn't make that decision about permanent birth control unless you are convinced you do not want more children.

I know being state-funded may not be your ultimate goal, but if you get pregnant, you HAVE to get care. Especially with HG.

Can you look into something from your friends, about who you should talk to? I'd go to the Health Dept.

Hope you find your answers!

Christy
*We're pregnant!! 30 wks -due March 24th, 2005
*Failed adoption after 6 wonderful days (baby Claire Delaney, b. 5/6/04)
*'Therapeutic Termination' at 11 wks. due to mistreated HG in first pg, term. 6/15/99
HdGAMom2B
Welcomed Friend

insurance

Postby Got2bmaemae » Jun 28, 2004 8:05 am

xx
Last edited by Got2bmaemae on Nov 07, 2007 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got2bmaemae

Postby caleighbelle47 » Jun 28, 2004 1:10 pm

I was uninsured when I got pregnant and I'm now covered by the state. They won't pay for Zofran, but they do pay for some things. To me it's worth it because I don't have to pay for ANYTHING. I don't worry if I have to go the to ER or be hospitalized, because I know that I won't be left with a huge medical bill. And I still managed to find a great OB. Good luck, and if you still have to have zofran then maybe you can pay for that, and not have to worry about paying for everything.

Angela
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby PamelaRose » Jun 28, 2004 8:17 pm

You're not crazy at all! I had always planned on 3 children, but after a miscarriage and 2 more HG pregnancies, I just couldn't imagine how I'd make it through again. I also couldn't imagine taking permanent measures, so we decided to wait and see where we were emotionally a couple years down the road. And a couple years down the road, we were welcoming that 3rd (ooops!) child into our family. And after her birth, I had no reservations whatsoever about sterilization. Time does change things. If you're having misgivings about vasectomy, wait. Many women here use IUDs that can be in place for years and years; no worry, but easily reversible if circumstances and emotions change. And believe me, the scares are still there even after sterilization. When we saw the failure rate for sterilization, my husband and I burst out laughing--nearly the same percentage as incidence rate for HG in pregnancy. :lol: There will always be worry about HG--such trauma is difficult to forget, but it sounds like you're just not ready to completely shut that door. I'm sure you'll hear from others who have been in your insurance situation and made it through HG. Hugs to you!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to Preparation for HG