Never thought I'd say this

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

Never thought I'd say this

Postby _Laurie » Jul 28, 2005 8:02 am

But I decided I want to do it again. On purpose with plenty of planning and preparation ahead of time. I even convinced dh (which I thought I'd never do) and although he's a little hesitant (he just can't stand to see me half-dead), he's willing to give full support as soon as we meet our goals. I want to be in optimum health (diet and exercise-wise), I want to detox, and I want Caroline to be potty-trained be the time I ttc (so I'm not changing any diapers this time). :lol:

I absolutely NEVER thought I'd want to do this again. I always wanted more children, but just never thought I'd be willing to do the HG thing again. In April and May, it was me who was trying to convince dh to let me get my tubes tied. I thought I'd never change my mind. Then in May, when we had a contrception accident, I came back here (after being gone for a while) thinking I might be dealing with HG (and not wanting it at all). After a 2ww and a late period, I got used to the idea that I might be sick and even more so to the idea of a new baby. When AF finally did arrive, I was SOOOOO glad not to have HG ahead of me, but a little sad that there was no baby. Since then, the sad feeling I had has turned into a longing for another baby (a longing I thought I might have sometime, but would be able to resist). Part of me wants to resist, but the rest of me is willing to do this just once more. With a lot more preparation than last time.

So here I am in the prep folder and wanting to read some protocals and steal your ideas. :) I can't find many (maybe they're in the tcc folder?). I'll post mine when I get it ready and get your advice.

I think I'm crazy....
Laurie
3HG pregnancies: 2 sweet girls 4/01, 4/03, and my twins 1/27/07

We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.
-Helen Keller
_Laurie
Forum Moderator

Postby JennyK » Jul 28, 2005 9:25 am

Laurie,

Congratulations on your decision to take the plunge! It's very scary and exciting. I'm getting ready to do it a second time, but like you I have a lot of things in my life to get in order before ttc.

I recently posted my protocol, most of which I stole from Robin. I haven't seen any others, but I'd like to hear more ideas on how to prepare. I'm looking forward to hearing what ideas you have!
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Hi, Jenny

Postby _Laurie » Jul 28, 2005 9:55 am

Hi, Jenny
Nice to officially meet you. I've read your posts and I printed yours and Robin's protocals out and highlighted all over them what applies to me. Thanks for posting yours. It makes it so much easier than coming up with it all on my own. I have written out some of my ideas and this afternoon I plan on visiting the Hugs site (because I remember more ladies posting protocals there) and stealing more ideas. :)

I think I remember seeing somewhere that you were tcc in Dce/Jan? I think that's when I'm thinking of doing it too. So maybe we'll be pregnant together. :) I'm looking forward to you helping me review my protocal when I get it posted.
Laurie

We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.
-Helen Keller
_Laurie
Forum Moderator

Postby nomore » Jul 28, 2005 10:56 am

Laurie,

Im partly amazed, as youve been one of my biggest supports through this HG journey that you are wanting to do it again..... but yet I do so very well know that baby lust feeling.

I just wanted to wish you the best of luck as you prepare. And Im hoping I can be just as strong for you when your time comes.

Love to you,

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby _Laurie » Jul 28, 2005 11:38 am

Hey, Robin
Yes, I'm sort of amazed myself. And I've been hesitant to post because I feel kind of wishy-washy. I mean one post I'm saying that I'd freak out if I'm pg and then the next I'm wishing for a baby.

Truthfully, it has been so inspiring for me to watch you go through all you've been through. I mean you have such severe HG and yet you were willing to do it again and again. And all your work and preparation did make a difference this time (although HG is still very very horrible for you). And I'm thinking that I never did try to make HG better (I was just hoping that #1 was a fluke pg and the 2nd would be better so I sort of rushed into it after feeling some baby fever) and I think I may have just one more pg left in me. My HG was not as severe as yours, so maybe with hard preparation I could make it better. I'm not counting on that, though.

So, just think Robin, not only are you getting yourself through this trying pregnancy, you are giving strength to other women at the same time. You are an HG hero! :)

I was going through old posts at the Hugs site and found our birth announcements for Madison and Caroline (along with a few other friends' babies) and I just can't believe so much time has passed and those babies aren't babies anymore. :cry: And I was at the store yesterday and saw the adorable premie outfits (Caroline was wearing them until 6 weeks old) and just about burst into tears. I'm pathetic, huh?

love ya,
Laurie
Last edited by _Laurie on Jul 29, 2005 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laurie

-Helen Keller
_Laurie
Forum Moderator

Postby PamelaRose » Jul 28, 2005 8:17 pm

I'm so happy for you, Laurie! :D I kind of wondered if the recent pg scare might not sway you. How old is Caroline now? I keep thinking of her as a little baby, but I'm sure that's probably not the case... :roll: Good luck ttc!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby bibliojo » Jul 29, 2005 12:09 am

Laurie, I had a sneaking suspuscion that you would end up here! :wink:

Here's a link to another protocol that you might want to look at http://www.helpher.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70 and then Natalie and I have posted ours under a thread called My Protocol originally posted by me. (It's towards the bottom of the first page.) And of course, there's good hints spread out here and there throughout the whole Prep for HG folder and the HUGS site is a great resource too!

Good luck! I'm glad you have decided to join us! :D

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby _Laurie » Jul 29, 2005 6:06 am

I guess you were right, Pamela. :) Caroline is now a spunky almost 28 month-old. I guess the way I'm planning, she'll be 33 months when we get pg (so hopefully potty trained by then, lol. Marjorie was trained at 26 months of her own doing) and 3.5 yrs when a new sibling comes. She also has a "thing" for babies- real ones and dolls and it's so cute to see such a tiny kid talking babytalk to a 6-month old who's almost as big as she is. :lol:

Thanks Joanna. How could you tell I'd end up here? :wink: I'll check out that link. It'll be fun to join you guys. Although I'm hoping you'll be past the tcc board (and maybe into the 2nd trimester by then!) long before I officially join the club.
Laurie

-Helen Keller
_Laurie
Forum Moderator

Postby acorn26 » Jul 29, 2005 10:45 am

I totally agree! I said the same thing!
When I was pregnant, I just could not understand how a person could subject herself to the physical torture of HG (I had a very severe case, but ANY nausea for a long duration is hell).

Of course, then, I gave birth to my DD and held her in my arms. The minute she was placed onto my chest, I immediately said to my husband, I'm in love. Let's do this again. He laughed.

Well, a year later, my DD just turned one, and I'm ready to have another one. Keep in mind, I was ready to get my tubes tied by week 34 of pregnancy! LOL.

Today, I meet with our OBGYN to begin the plans for another pregnancy, hopefully next Summer.

Amy
acorn26
Devoted to You

Hi I am right there with ya

Postby Bethers » Jul 30, 2005 5:50 pm

Hi,

I am Beth. I was reading your post. You may have read some of mine from time to time. My HG is bad just like Robin's. With my son he is 9 now I was to the hospital 40 times for severe vomitting. I lost a baby miscarriage in May 2004 and then had to terminate in Nov 2004. We are now in the adoption process and then will be trying once more next year or the year after. I am scared to death. HG sucks. Good luck to you.
Bethers -Mom to Justin 1-9-96 HG hospitalized 40+. Mom to 2 angels 5-21-04 & 11-16-04. Will ttc in Feb 2006. 2 more Months OMG!!!rl=http://www.tickercentral.com]Image[/url]
Bethers
Been There Done That

Postby bibliojo » Jul 31, 2005 11:23 pm

Laurie,

Even though I know you were scared stiff to possibly be pregnant again, I think you got used to the idea and started to think maybe my family isn't complete and maybe I can do this again! It was just a guess that I had... :) I'm glad you are joining us and are having the chance to plan for this one! :)

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby _Laurie » Aug 01, 2005 3:06 pm

Amy, good luck to you too as you plan to tcc next summer!

Beth, I'm so sorry for your losses. I hope the adoption process goes well for you! And your possible future plans to ttc as well.

Joanna, what you said about my situation pretty much nailed it exactly. I actually couldn't have said it better myself. :) I'm glad to have time to plan this time too. During my last pg, I was wishing the whole time I would've tried this or that and I'm "glad" (as much as I think I can be, lol, if you know what I mean) that I'll get to see just how good a pg can be for me (or not). Most of all, I'm happy I decided to change my mind before I got the tubal (that I was ready to get that week). :lol:

I'm working on my protocal and plan to post it soon for your suggestions.
Laurie

-Helen Keller
_Laurie
Forum Moderator

Return to Preparation for HG