Does anyone have thyroid problems or on meds

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

Does anyone have thyroid problems or on meds

Postby Bethers » Jun 27, 2005 10:43 am

I am on 125mc of Synthroid for my thyroid condition. I worry about birth defects if I am to try this again. Has anyone experienced anything or had any problems due to thyroid problems?

Thanks.
Bethers
Bethers
Been There Done That

Postby bibliojo » Jun 27, 2005 11:48 am

Hi Bethers,

I've looked up Synthroid on the internet and it is a class A drug and considered very safe during pregnancy. I'm assuming that your doctor is aware that you want to begin trying for another pregnancy again and knows that you are taking this medication. If not, I would just let him know so he is fully aware of your situation.

I personally don't have thyroid issues but there are a few around here that do. Maybe they can reassure you with their own personal experiences. I know I always found the experiences of others to be so much more comforting rather than just textbook numbers and jibberish! :)

Good luck to you!

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby dwtegli » Jun 27, 2005 11:52 am

I am also on Synthroid and was actually diagnosed with my thyroid problem during my second pregnancy. I took synthroid all through that one and the following pregnancy and did not experience any problem or complications attributed to the thyroid deficiency nor the synthroid.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Return to Preparation for HG