NAET Alllergy Elimanation Treatments for HG Preparation

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

NAET Alllergy Elimanation Treatments for HG Preparation

Postby nomore » Apr 08, 2005 10:29 am

Hi All,

I have been doing NAET treatments in preparation for a future HG pregnancy. So far I have had 4 treatments and my health HAS improved. I no longer have excersie induced asthma. I was asked to post here a little on what NAET is. I am by no means an expert. This treament was recommended by my Accupunturist/Chinese Herbal DR, in addition to regular accupunture treatments.

Here is some info from the NAET website about NAET: (http://www.naet.com)

"What are Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Techniques?
Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Techniques, also known as NAET®, are a non-invasive, drug free, natural solution to eliminate allergies of all types and intensities using a blend of selective energy balancing, testing and treatment procedures from acupuncture/acupressure, allopathy, chiropractic, nutritional, and kinesiological disciplines of medicine. One allergen is treated at a time. If you are not severely immune deficient, you may need just one treatment to desensitize one allergen. A person with mild to moderate amount of allergies may take about 15-20 office visits to desensitize 15-20 food and environmental allergens. Basic essential nutrients are treated during the first few visits. Chemicals, environmental allergens, vaccinations, immunizations, etc. are treated after completing about ten basic essential nutrients. NAET® can successfully eliminate adverse reactions to egg, milk, peanuts, penicillin, aspirin, mushrooms, shellfish, latex, grass, ragweed, flowers, perfume, animal dander, animal epithelial, make-up, chemicals, cigarette smoke, pathogens, heat, cold, other environmental agents. NAET® was discovered by Dr. Devi S. Nambudripad in November of 1983."

Breifly,I will try to explain WHY I am doing this for HG. It has been theorized that HG is actually an allergic reaction. To what is the question. Is HG simply a "flare" up to allergies you have all of the time, or is your body actually allergic to something in pregnancy?

So begins my journey of NAET. :) The testing is not invasive at all. NAET uses muscle based allergy testing. It basically involves holding a vial of a substance you are testing for and testing your muscle reposonses of weakness vs stregnth to detemine your allergies.

We found I was allergic to something things I KNEW I was allergic to and others I did not know. Sometimes its not neccesarily an ALLERGY, but simply a SENSITIVETY to something.

The accupunture based treatments involve holding the vial of the item you are treating, having a spinal massage with speical breathing, and then getting the needles to re-enforce to the elimation treatment. The massage of the spine is supposed to help the body "RESET' itself so it no longer finds an allergic response to an item. Then you do the mucle test again to see how your body reacts. It also involves avoiding the item you are allergic to for a specified period of time (no eating, touching or being near it).

I am by no means trying to sell this treatment to anyone, just simply offering up info. As many of you know I am preparing to TTC, after 2 severe rounds of HG. I do not know if this will help, or the accuputure will, as I have never tried them before TTC, or ever in my life for that matter.

Without pregnancy as a factor, these treatments HAVE helped me. So, I am hoping they may make a differnence in pregnancy. In one of the books about NAET, it talks about severe morning sickness. Some women have been allergic to horomones (which BTW, I DID show that I reacted to), some have been allergic to I think the placenta, while others were acutally allergic to the fetus it self. You can treat for each of these things both WHILE pregnant, and of corse before and after.

So, heres the info :) If anyone has any questions, I will do my best to answer them, but I am certainly not an expert on this!!!

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby bibliojo » Apr 09, 2005 12:53 am

Thank you for taking the time to post this Robin! I hope that it will help someone!

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby RebeccaM » Apr 10, 2005 12:28 am

Thanks for posting this Robin. I have been following all your posts on NAET and have found it VERY interesting. I did some on-line research and am seriously considering having it done just for my overall well-being after I have this baby. I did have one question, and you've probably already mentioned it but I don't remember, I am just curious if your insurance covers your treatments at all. I know mine covers accupuncture at 50%, but don't know if this would qualify. And also, what is a "reasonable" price to pay? Thanks for your input.

Rebecca
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Postby emily » Apr 10, 2005 10:07 am

Thanks for the info Robin.

Rebecca, I know often chiropractors do NAET treatments and they will bill it out as chiropractic. That is really cool that your ins. covers acupunture even if only at 50%!

Emily
emily
Devoted to You

Postby nomore » Apr 10, 2005 7:28 pm

Rebecca,

My insurance does not cover the accupunture (we have Aetna HMO). But, they do have a "negiotated" rate with my DR. Instead of being $40 per visit, he charges $30. This is for the accupunture OR the NAET treatments. All herbs are extra.

Its been pretty costly, but even if it was covered they just raised our speicalist co-pay to $35 a visit!!!! So, I guess its CHEAPER this way, lol!

I wish you the best of luck if you try it. I am very interested to see if it will make a difference. (PRAYING LIKE HELL, of course, preparing myself that it will be just as bad.....) :)

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby RebeccaM » Apr 13, 2005 1:24 pm

Emily and Robin,

Thanks for the info. I just double checked on my insurance coverage, and it actually covers accupuncture at 100% with a $20 co-pay per visit. So if the normal rate was $40 per visit, I would be getting about 50% off. Not bad I guess.

Good luck ttc Robin!
Rebecca
-----------
Mom to:
Tierra Ashlee 9/15/03
Eli Spencer 7/16/05
Haylee Belle 3/4/09
RebeccaM
Forum Moderator

Return to Preparation for HG