Hopefully 4th time hger here.

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

Hopefully 4th time hger here.

Postby emmasmummy » Mar 10, 2005 10:20 pm

I posted a while back and then dh and I decided not to ttc but now we are all go again for May with what will likely be my 4th hg pregnancy.

Each pregnancy has been a bit different .. still severe first tri but better managed.

This time I would like to add unisom and see if that makes any difference or prolongs the time until the nasty hg starts ( usually bang on 6 weeks .. with 8 -10 weeks the worst) .. that is the only thing I have not tried yet.

We have got most of it worked out .. only issue now is who will take my eldest dd to kindy 3 mornings per week .... would love to hope that I could be well enough to do so but not likely at all ......... think I could find someone to take them to dancing once per week .. I hope. Other than that I think I can cope with them at home .... zofran enabled me to do the bare minimum to care for their basic needs last time and that was at 24 mg per day .. did not do 32mg due to cost but going to go for that if need be this time.

So any advice on unisom or how much to take .. have started 100mg B6 per day and folic acid ... working on weight gain and what is the rational behind drinking lots of water?????

Hope to catch up with you all again soon ....
Chris
hg x 4
Emma 20/12/00
Sarah 14/06/02
Callum 28/12/03
Joshua 12/04/06
emmasmummy
Been There Done That

hi Chris

Postby IslandDreamer » Mar 10, 2005 11:26 pm

Hi Chris,

That's exciting news...another baby...very cool.

I took Unisom/b6 from week 10 til the very end with Christopher. (Should be his middle name :roll: ) Actually, I can't believe it took the doctors so long to give it to me. That same night I took my first dose at 10 weeks, I actually ate a whole....foodment*********** cracker end foodment******* :lol: It was great. I spent a few weeks 13-17 on home IVs, but otherwise was managed on the unisom/b6 and nothing else. I never felt really good or anything, but I didn't puke and could eat a limited list of food.

There is a post by Andy (Ivydragon) in the first trimester board with details on dosage for Unisom/b6. I would start there for information.

There is a lot of information on this board too...Joanna's protocol is wonderful, so look for that. And several folks have been talking about accupuncture, living cleansing, and chiropractics to help prepare. Yoga seems a common thing too...for strength and relaxation.

Let us know how you're doing and how your preparation is going.

Suzanne
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby bibliojo » Mar 10, 2005 11:58 pm

Hi Chris,

Sounds like you're getting well prepared for this next round of HG! Dh and I are also going to ttc in May so we could be pregnant together! :)

I'm afraid I don't know much about Unisom - only what has been posted on this board - as in Canada we have Diclectin which is what the unisom/B6 combo tries to imitate. But do look up that post that Suzanne mentions. It is a good source of information. I hope that the Unisom/B6 will make a difference for you!

Have you made an appt with your dr to discuss your treatment for this next pregnancy? Pre-conception visits are always a good idea.

As for drinking lots of water bit, my rationale behind it that if I drink lots of water before I get sick, it may prevent me from getting dehydrated as quickly as last time and if I start taking the meds earlier too they will probably work better being well hydrated and maybe I won't get so bad off. It's worth a try I figure! And of course, I also want to make the most of those last days being able to drink water! :wink:

Well, best of luck planning. Look forward to chatting with you more as May approachs!:)

Joanna

P.S. Suzanne -- thank you for the lovely compliment in regards to my protocol. It may not be a protocol for all people as it really is quite basic and conservative in its approach (ie no liver cleansing and accupuncture) but I've thought long and hard about it and am happy with what I've planned. Of course, once the HG hits again, it may all go out the window and I'll be desperately looking for anything that works! :wink:
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby emmasmummy » Mar 12, 2005 11:05 pm

Thanks ladies!!!

I am dreading hg but so excited about our 4th and final baby!!

Starting to come up with some kind of protocol .... see my Ob March 31st for workup ... need clomid to conceive as have infertility issues as well.

Also have to have the IUD removed as well!!!!

Look forward to chatting with you all !!
Chris
hg x 4
Emma 20/12/00
Sarah 14/06/02
Callum 28/12/03
Joshua 12/04/06
emmasmummy
Been There Done That

Postby Traci in Japan » Mar 14, 2005 8:09 am

Hi Chris

Good luck with number four. I didn't take unisom, but did take diclectin. It certainly took the edge off the nausea for me. I hope it all works out for you.
Traci in Japan
Australian, three boys (hg pregnancies and births in Japan)
Traci in Japan
Welcomed Friend

The Unisom/B6 combo did not work for me

Postby princess » Mar 16, 2005 11:31 am

I guess it is different for everyone. After reading some of these posts, I see it works for some people. I honestly thought when they told me to take it they were trying to pacify me. I personally did not see any difference. I finally resorted to Zofran, which was my only savior.
princess
Been There Done That

Return to Preparation for HG