We're considering trying again.

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

We're considering trying again.

Postby *** » Feb 27, 2005 7:51 pm

Hi all
It's been awhile, I guess you could say we (DH and myself) have been a little chicken to talk about ttc again. My little one turned two this past Valentine's Day and we are talking about ttc again. DH is 11 years older than me and both of us want another child so our daughter can have a sibling. We recently moved into a beautiful house, both our jobs are great. Mine will even schedule me day-to-day if I need to (I'm a nurse). So it seems like the right time to ttc but to tell the truth we are terrified.
I know we need to make a plan of action and talk to the Dr.
If any one is from MASS and knows a good HG doctor we would greatly appreciate the advice.
I found this site so helpful when dealing with a "therapeutic termination".
I know it will be heaven sent when dealing with HG and all the prep beforehand.
Thanks so much
Erika
Forum Moderator

Postby bibliojo » Feb 27, 2005 11:54 pm

Hi and welcome Erika!

I can totally understand your terror in ttc again. I've been going through a similar feelings myself! My ds is just a day younger than your dd so dh and I have begun to feel the pressure to have another child from others (I'm sure you can relate...why is everyone asking "when are you going to have another?" :roll: ) and also the pressure that we have put on ourselves to not have our children spaced too far apart. I wish I had some answers for you but really I don't. I would suggest that you and dh talk about your desires to have another child, agree on what time would be best and then mentally and physically prepare for that time. However, you can prepare a protocol, find a good doctor etc (all VERY important things!) but there still comes a time when you have to put your terror aside and just go ahead and ttc. Small comfort, I know! Maybe somebody who is currently ttc or has gone through HG more than once can add to this on how they managed to get past the fear? I'm interested to know too!

I'm afraid I don't know of any doctors in Mass. that are good with HG but I'm sure that someone from around here will know of one and chime in. Maybe post something under the trying to find a physician forum?

And maybe look up some of the posts by Robin (rdevine10). Her dd also turned 2 this month and she is preparing for HG once again after going through a therapeutic termination this past fall. Your story just reminds me of hers.

Hope that you'll find lots on this site to help you prepare and best of luck as you and dh decide what to do!

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Return to Preparation for HG