New Moderator

Discuss ways to prepare yourself, your family, and your protocol for HG.

Moderators: RebeccaM, Susannah

New Moderator

Postby Ivydragon » Jan 22, 2005 5:58 pm

Hi,

Joanna has volunteered to moderate in here, and I'm so thrilled! I've wanted to organized some information for this forum for a long time and now maybe I'll get it done having a moderator to help me out a little bit.

Thanks so much!

Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby bibliojo » Jan 25, 2005 5:55 pm

Hi all,

Most of you around here know me but I just thought I would do a quick little summary of who I am and my experience with HG for the benefit of anyone that is new to this forum.

I'm 28 and live with my dh and ds in Vancouver, Canada. I have been through HG once. For me, it lasted from week 5 to week 18 and I was treated at first with Diclectin (which is like the unisom and B6 combination that is talked about so much on this site). When that didn't work and I was admitted to hospital, I was put on a combination of Maxeran (Reglan), Gravol (Dramamine), and Ranitidine. While this by no means "cured" me, it took the edge off and I didn't vomit as many times per day as earlier in the pregnancy. The nauseousness was still dreadful though. Well, about six months ago I started thinking about having another child and I began researching HG and treatment options on the web. It was then that I came across this website. These forums have been a great source of information and encouragement for me. I hope that they will be the same for you!

I'm currently at the stage of trying to find a knowledgable doctor to treat me and also finalizing my protocol with the plan of ttc in May or June of this year. If you have any questions, please post them and I'll try and help you out as much as I can. And please feel free to vent here as well. Preparing for HG can be frustrating -- especially when family/friends/doctors don't seem to understand what the fuss is all about! But having had HG, I understand, and so do many others here as well, that our hopes lie in that if we are mentally and physically prepared for the HG we will have an easier time of it this next time round.

So, welcome to this forum! I'm glad you found us and I'm here to help as best I can.

Hugs,

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Return to Preparation for HG