Barbie has an IV

Share an uplifting story from your pregnancy or triumph over HG to help others find a way to laugh & remain hopeful. Post your children's updates, brag pics, and milestones.

Moderator: RebeccaM

Barbie has an IV

Postby CathC » Oct 05, 2004 7:11 pm

Hi Gals,

With my last pregnancy, I was put on continuous IVs right at 8 weeks. It also happened to be Valentine's Day. After the nurse left our house, we gave our girls their Valentine's Day gifts. Pregnant Midge had recently come out and the girls thought she was really cool, with Mom being pregnant and all, so that was what we got them. The next day, they were playing with their dolls and lo, and behold, their little pregnant dolls were hooked up to IVs. They had devised these little IVs that were attached to the Barbies' arms and had the pole and everything. It was really funny! I really wish I had been well enough to think "grab the camera!" I would love to have that photo now!

Cathy
CathC
Been There Done That

Postby PamelaRose » Dec 26, 2004 12:05 am

That's just precious! :)

My kids referred to my picc as the "straw" in my arm. My son had a fascination with pretending to stick straws in his body for months during my last pregnancy.
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to Stories of Hope & Humor