A funny from my almost 4 yr old...

Share an uplifting story from your pregnancy or triumph over HG to help others find a way to laugh & remain hopeful. Post your children's updates, brag pics, and milestones.

Moderator: RebeccaM

A funny from my almost 4 yr old...

Postby Laurie » Aug 24, 2004 6:31 pm

Yesterday the vomiting began and I was in no shape to monitor my very active 18 mo DD. I took my almost 4yo DS and talked to him seriously that mommy was sick and I needed his help with Jillie today...help her stay out of trouble, etc.

He was a gem all day! He wasn't overly bossy but he was able to yell to me when she pushed the dining room chair into the kitchen to get to things on the counter, etc.

As I was taking Jillie up for her nap, Luke comes up to me and points his finger at me and said, "Now remember, if you need to throw up, don't do it in Jillie's bed. Go to the bathroom and use the potty" I'm still laughing over that one. ;)
Laurie
#4 due 4-14-07, 2nd HG pgcy
10 weeks
Laurie
Welcomed Friend

funny boys

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 24, 2004 11:16 pm

That's a good one.

My son, 5, recently insisted, fought, and became incredibly upset with me until I told him where the baby exit is... :shock: Initially, he asked if "Ladies throw up the babies out of their mouves." Then he suggested, we "pooped babies out our butts?" Finally, I admitted there is a special way out.... :wink: and indicated the general region and location of said exit .... :shock:
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Mar2 » Aug 25, 2004 1:02 pm

Laurie & Suzanne, I can not believe your sons are only 4 and 5 years old!!!. Maybe it is just me, but they sound way too smart and sensitive to be so young!!! It amazes me how quickly kids pick up on things we think are too "adult" for them.

Thank goodness we can count on kids to cheer us up when life throws those curve balls! The phrase "So worth it!" gets used a lot around here, but these stories just prove how true and accurate that sentiment is.

Take care,
Marla
------------------------------------------------
HG PG 1: miscarried at 16 weeks 3/18/2002
HG PG 2: baby girl 5/29/2003
Step-Son: born 11/26/1990 (acquired May 1997)
Mar2
Welcomed Friend

Return to Stories of Hope & Humor