Random cuties to make us smile

Share an uplifting story from your pregnancy or triumph over HG to help others find a way to laugh & remain hopeful. Post your children's updates, brag pics, and milestones.

Moderator: RebeccaM

Random cuties to make us smile

Postby krdoty » Oct 23, 2007 9:51 am

Paulie and Norman are playing patty cake through the mesh "wall" of the Pack n Play.

Add yours now!
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Postby mrsbigdog » Oct 23, 2007 9:58 am

I'm in the office on the computer and Em is watching Happy Feet in the playroom across the hall. She just ran in, asked for a hug, gave me a huge hug and kiss and then told me she had to go back to Happy Feet.

Donna
3x HG survivor: Theresa - 11/88, Katie - 1/95, Emily - 1/06
(one HG baby in each of the last three decades! - yes, just call me crazy)

mrsbigdog
HG Diva

Postby IslandDreamer » Oct 23, 2007 11:05 am

Chris and dh raked a big pile of leaves on Sunday, and Jack (22 mo) found it very disturbing that the leaves were moved...he kept picking them up by the armfuls and putting them back across the yard. Then when he saw his brother slide down the slide into the pile, THEN he got it. Until then, he couldn't figure out why the other guys were making such a mess. :lol:
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby Susannah » Oct 23, 2007 12:47 pm

Elizabeth and I have been talking about the baby in my belly. She says hi and waves and kisses my belly. Yesterday she was trying on shoes that were WAY too small. I said those were baby shoes. She came over, lifted my shirt and tried to figure out how to put the shoe on my belly/the baby.
Susannah
Elizabeth born at home 5/25/06 HG 8 weeks-delivery
Rose became our angel 8/2/07
Grace born at home 5/23/08 HG 7 weeks-delivery

Susannah
Forum Moderator

Postby sarahkate » Oct 23, 2007 1:18 pm

Awwww!

Freya's new trick is pulling up on everything, then sitting down and doing it again. She's been able to do it for a while, but the last few days it's a game. First it was the toy box, sofa, chairs, but now for extra challenge, it's bits of the wall, an empty bucket, the cat...

Hmm, maybe you have to be there.

She also has learned that cute wiggly dancing movement that I have seen toddlers doing - DP and I fall about laughing.

Sarah x
sarahkate
HG Diva

Postby _Laurie » Oct 23, 2007 5:23 pm

James learned his first word "UH-OH", and is saying it constantly for the last 24 hours, and I mean CONSTANTLY, lol.

***possible trigger mentioned*** We went to the pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins. I got one for Abbie and she wanted to touch the rough stem. When she did, she gagged big time (opened mouth, looked like she was going to puke). It was so funny. She kept touching it and gagging over and over again. Dh says we've got to get that on tape and send it into AFV. (I think poor Abbie definitely has some sensory issues-- when she touches the edges of board book pages, she cries and shakes her hands like it feels terrible, and when I let her feel the grass the other day, she screamed and flailed terribly. :? )
Laurie
3HG pregnancies: 2 sweet girls 4/01, 4/03, and my twins 1/27/07

We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.
-Helen Keller
_Laurie
Forum Moderator

Postby krdoty » Oct 25, 2007 1:02 pm

Paulie and Norman are playing peekaboo from their respective chairs. Paulie squeals PEAK A BOO! Norman laughs back with something that almost sounds like booooooo. Okay. So maybe that doesn't translate so well. It really is cute! :D
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Return to Stories of Hope & Humor