"What Goes Down Must Come Up" :book HGers - Gross

Share an uplifting story from your pregnancy or triumph over HG to help others find a way to laugh & remain hopeful. Post your children's updates, brag pics, and milestones.

Moderator: RebeccaM

Postby Susannah » Jun 17, 2007 7:46 pm

Nuts are BAD coming back up
Susannah
Elizabeth born at home 5/25/06 HG 8 weeks-delivery
Rose became our angel 8/2/07
Grace born at home 5/23/08 HG 7 weeks-delivery

Susannah
Forum Moderator

Postby Kev's_girl » Jun 19, 2007 9:00 pm

Well... let's see, I have a TON of things to add, since I've apparently not learned my lesson and continue to try and eat new foods that I think I might be able to tolerate.

First :sickfast: with HG was after eating at Red Lobster to celebrate my pregnancy (I was 5.5 weeks and everyone thought it was so cute I had to go puke!) I do not recommend Red Lobster ever again to anyone.

Applesauce- pretty much the same both ways, almost refreshing in an HG sort of way.

Granola bars- thought it was pretty good going down, but was like shards of glass coming back up. But, didn't really taste too bad, it just hurt.

Pizza - bad... enough said, see end of post.

Spaghetti - even worse, probably won't eat it for a LONG time after HG.

Chicken and rice soup - soup isn't bad either way, but I don't recommend the rice, too small and gets caught in too many orifices.

Ravioli - really wasn't as bad as you would think, but it has a horrible splash factor.

McDonalds fruit and yogurt parfait - VERY sour!!

McDonalds french fries - actually were just about the same coming back up only mushier. Splash factor was medium, but overall not too bad, I still eat them (and vomit them).

Gatorade - Orange flavor is the best, I would not recommend the grape though, it's very acidic coming back up. Burns the nose and throat.

Salad with pizza and garlic bread is still by far the worst puke I've ever had. I had an almost fluffy day somewhere around 15 weeks, and went to Cici's pizza with my mom, I swear I threw up for an hour to get it all out, and eat part of the meal was it's own distinct and horrible puke!! Won't EVER eat there again!
Amber
Anthony Joseph - 9/5/07 - HG till the end!

Kev's_girl
Been There Done That

Re: "What Goes Down Must Come Up" :book HGers - Gross

Postby nightly_flowers » Nov 25, 2014 11:02 pm

Worst - Orange Chicken - It burned, it was scratchy and while it tasted the same coming up, I kept choking and it came out me nose.

Bad - Anything with a tomato based sauce or anything with garlic. It always burned so bad.

Good - Hot chocolate - Smooth texture, slightly sour taste, but no choking and no burn.

Best - Ritz crackers and water - Smooth texture, buttery flavor, but without the water it acts like bread.

Note: If I knew I was going to be sick, I would pre-emptively take a tums to cut out some of the acidity. I also found that if I was repeatedly puking up bile, I could tilt my head to the side and prevent most of it from coming in contact with my tongue. I found this out when I was too tired to hold my head up to puke. It still burned but I didn't have to suffer through the taste as much.
nightly_flowers

Previous

Return to Stories of Hope & Humor