DH (notice capital letters) says....

Some people say the worst things . . .

Moderator: HelenA

DH (notice capital letters) says....

Postby IslandDreamer » Apr 21, 2005 7:07 am

"Some women just handle pregnacy better than others." :evil:

Well, it's he educated and informed. I was telling him that my current state wasn't too bad in comparison to the past and that my doula said the "lovely beautiful" pgs are few and far between...most women feel like crap. (Not that hgers want to hear about normal crap or anything.) And DH pops out with THAT gem.

Oh..........and we wonder why I was homicidal after going full term with Chris? :shock:
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby HelenA » Apr 21, 2005 11:02 am

And the guy is still alive??? Well done on keeping your cool, I think I'd have decked DP if he came out with a comment like that! That's almost on par with my dr telling me some women get morning sickness worse than others! I hope you have told him whats what now!
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby jannyjo » Apr 21, 2005 11:03 am

Suzanne- Hugs! I do have to ask, and did you kill DH, or at least give him serious bodily harm???? I would have, :lol: . He needed to be smacked in the back of the head for that duh moment!

TTFN,
Janet
HTH,
Janet
Ma to Tyler 2/93, Eireann 12/01, Gareth 10/03,
Lynnette 8/05 (first diagnosed HG preg)
And our faery children: Rhiannon born sleeping @22 wks 4/00, Malcom @8wks 4/07 and Our Surprise Angel @ 5wks 2/08
jannyjo
Been There Done That

Postby Marie » Apr 21, 2005 12:32 pm

Yikes Suzanne!! Is he still with us?

Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Postby emily » Apr 21, 2005 1:14 pm

Marie wrote:Yikes Suzanne!! Is he still with us?

Marie

LMAO - Marie, you are so funny!

So really, is he? ;)
emily
Devoted to You

Postby meg » Apr 21, 2005 1:37 pm

Ladies, I think it's time that we invent the DH muzzle. For use in the thick of HG for our sanity and our dear hubbies own protection... Any inventors in the group that could draw up a prototype? It may be too late for Suzanne's DH but I have no doubt that there are others who would benefit from this, shall we say, restraint?
Hugs,
Meg

Mom to Anabel (7), Patrick (4) and Moira Grace (1)
HG Survivor
HG Free since 4.22.05!!!
meg
Devoted to You

a note to the inventor

Postby IslandDreamer » Apr 21, 2005 3:12 pm

Love the idea, Meg.

A note to the inventor: the DH (short for dick head not darling husband when seen in capitals :wink: ) muzzle should have a stupid comment counter. After a certain number of offensive statements (afterall, we can be a bit forgiving, right), the automatic-vasectomy performer goes into action. Whatta ya think?

Loss mentioned.
All this support and help...sheesh...can't stand it. TWO days before I tested positive, we were visiting the memorial garden (dh's first visit) and he got the sucker punch in the gut seeing her name in stone. Well, there he is asking for another (bad taste and timing to say the least) and swearing up and down it would be different; he would be so supportive and helpful. I say, live on cheerios and water for nine months? He says yes. Well, today, I had*****foodment to rinse the coffee pot myself and put the garbage (with reeeking coffee grounds) outside. ***end foodment Geez...think he remembers the begging?
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Postby HGx3 » Apr 22, 2005 1:17 pm

Funny how they all manage to say just the right thing........
Huge Hugs,
Lisa
HG Mom to:
Matthew, 2001
Lauryn, 2002
Joshua,2004

HGx3
Devoted to You

Postby jannyjo » Apr 23, 2005 8:04 am

:lol:

Here is a quote from my dh when hearing the comment your DH made.
"Well that wasn't the most intelligent statement ever uttered by mankind. He made two huge mistakes- First compairing his wife to other women and then second having her coming out on the wrong side of that compairison. So... did he survive the beating she gave him?
I know better than to even utter something so completely stupid!"

I had to hug him! :wink: (ps, please bear with me, I know my spelling stinks, :lol: ) Then he said, "just picture it, said DH makes that magical comment and the next sounds you hear are the man - YIKES (in a very high pitched voice), then a woman's evil laughter!"

TT,
Janet
HTH,
Janet
Ma to Tyler 2/93, Eireann 12/01, Gareth 10/03,
Lynnette 8/05 (first diagnosed HG preg)
And our faery children: Rhiannon born sleeping @22 wks 4/00, Malcom @8wks 4/07 and Our Surprise Angel @ 5wks 2/08
jannyjo
Been There Done That

Postby teddi » Apr 23, 2005 5:06 pm

Oooohhh.. I get it now. DH = Mr. Dick Head.....

LOL. Ohhhh, well now I know how to refer to my DH. What a wonderful DH. . . ha ha ha.

Janet's reply said it all.... your DH is just cruisin' for a bruisin'.
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

need to vent too

Postby Christi » Apr 24, 2005 2:14 pm

My DH had eye surgery this week, an out patient proceedure, but surgery none the less. This was WED morning. I babied him, kept the kids off of him, and even cooked until last night, when I just felt so "down" I needed to sit. So, today we were supposed to ave our regular date with a babysitter and all. I told him I didnt feel up to it, he said he didnt either, so we cancelled.
From that moment on he has been pouting and moping arougn like no tomorrow. He went upstairs and slammed the door and has been in there fir hours now. When I went to check on him he said, "When do I get to e sick?" Wel first of all, I have been remarkably normal lately and even when sick have tried to not let on...secondly he has been babied snce the surgery, he as only done what he wants to, I have even been driving!

I said, this to him and he jut says, it isnt even worth talking about!!! ARGH. If I had known that trying to be normal when I feel like crud was going to get me bitten, I would have just laid it all out there. I have had 3 miserable pregnancies, and he has started resorting to the "I just need to get a vasectomy" comments when ever I feel really low we have always wanted a big family). How does he seem to know that complaining about me being sick and threatening a vasectomy are the things that hurt me! OH and the other thing he says, "The kids are suffering and likely to hate this baby." Now, I know the kids arent getting everything they usually do. We homeschool and are taking an early break!!! because i need to. But to say that is like stabbing me in the heart!

ARGH!!!! I just needed to get this off of my chest before I tell him to move to JAPAN without me and the kids! I am so tired and he sould be the one sticking up for me!

Thanks for the vent...
Mom of 4 HG babies
daughter: 12-97
son: 8-01
son: 10-05
son 3-08
>o< mc:01-07
Christi
Opinionated HGer

need to vent too

Postby Christi » Apr 24, 2005 2:15 pm

My DH had eye surgery this week, an out patient proceedure, but surgery none the less. This was WED morning. I babied him, kept the kids off of him, and even cooked until last night, when I just felt so "down" I needed to sit. So, today we were supposed to ave our regular date with a babysitter and all. I told him I didnt feel up to it, he said he didnt either, so we cancelled.
From that moment on he has been pouting and moping arougn like no tomorrow. He went upstairs and slammed the door and has been in there fir hours now. When I went to check on him he said, "When do I get to e sick?" Wel first of all, I have been remarkably normal lately and even when sick have tried to not let on...secondly he has been babied snce the surgery, he as only done what he wants to, I have even been driving!

I said, this to him and he jut says, it isnt even worth talking about!!! ARGH. If I had known that trying to be normal when I feel like crud was going to get me bitten, I would have just laid it all out there. I have had 3 miserable pregnancies, and he has started resorting to the "I just need to get a vasectomy" comments when ever I feel really low we have always wanted a big family). How does he seem to know that complaining about me being sick and threatening a vasectomy are the things that hurt me! OH and the other thing he says, "The kids are suffering and likely to hate this baby." Now, I know the kids arent getting everything they usually do. We homeschool and are taking an early break!!! because i need to. But to say that is like stabbing me in the heart!

ARGH!!!! I just needed to get this off of my chest before I tell him to move to JAPAN without me and the kids! I am so tired and he sould be the one sticking up for me!

Thanks for the vent...
Mom of 4 HG babies
daughter: 12-97
son: 8-01
son: 10-05
son 3-08
>o< mc:01-07
Christi
Opinionated HGer

Postby freesgirl » Apr 24, 2005 7:41 pm

sometimes dh's can be DH's bear with them girls and remember that they are men and men are STUPID :lol:
~Crystal

08-08-02(HG whole time)

lost an angel due to miscarriage on 10-04-04

08/30/05 (HG whole time)

New Angel!!! LMP 12/14/14 so due date is around 9/20/15
freesgirl
Been There Done That

Postby freesgirl » Apr 24, 2005 7:42 pm

sometimes dh's can be DH's bear with them girls and remember that they are men and men are STUPID :lol:
~Crystal

08-08-02(HG whole time)

lost an angel due to miscarriage on 10-04-04

08/30/05 (HG whole time)

New Angel!!! LMP 12/14/14 so due date is around 9/20/15
freesgirl
Been There Done That

Postby HelenA » Apr 25, 2005 3:23 am

Dear lord! MEN!!!!

Mine has been pretty good, the only argument we had was when he jokingly told the dogs... (yes my dogs...lol) That mummy wouldn't have time for them when baby comes along, so they'd better get used to not being fussed as much and mummy loving someone else more than them.. I absolutely adore my dogs and flew at him! He said it was just a joke, but I had some real bad problems before I met DP (messy divorce and depression) And my furbabies were the only ones there and had it not been for them, I may not have been here now (Not trying to sound depressing, but thats how it was then) I'm much better now, but I really was annoyed at that stupid comment. Luckily he has been nothing short of wonderful the rest of the time.
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Return to "I got crackered" (Vent)