Still bleeding

Discuss the lasting impact from HG on moms and babies: long term health issues, child development, and other ways HG continues to impact your life.

Moderators: txmomma, Trudy, teddi

Still bleeding

Postby Jolene » Oct 25, 2005 5:05 pm

I am wondering how long I am supposed to bleed? I forget how long it lasted with my first two pregnancies. I keep starting and stopping...I wonder when it will stop for good? I feel like, well, I feel like I just had a baby!!! LOL Actually, I feel like a bowling came out of my vagina at an upwards angle. It hurts more near the front than near the perinium. Has this ever happened to anyone? The only thing I can figure is that when I was having Lucy, I was straining so hard to stop her from coming out, that I put myself at an upwards angle. Does this make sense? Anyway, ouch! I know it has only been 12 days, but I am impatient to get back to normal totally.
Jolene
HG Diva

Postby BrandiJK » Oct 25, 2005 6:03 pm

With Brigit I bled for almost the full 6 weeks off and on. Doc said I was pushing myself, which I was. I was so excited to be HG free, how could I slow down again? LOL

Give your self time, and try to rest more.
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby Atsie » Oct 25, 2005 10:18 pm

I had a csection, I don't know if it makes a huge difference overall but I bled for 3 weeks. I had "extras (looked like big clots)" for a couple weeks but it was not bleeding. And the Dr said it was normal.
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby nomore » Oct 26, 2005 8:23 am

Jolene,

You probably dont want me to answer this question :wink: I bled for 8 weeks, yes 8 weeks. That being said, for the last 2 is was more like spotting off and on... but often enough I still needed pads, etc, and the flow was unpredicatble, so liners were not an option (sorry for TMI)

But, I think Brandi is right. I was probably overdoing it.... I was up doing a crazy amount of stuff, dang it, I just felt SO good..... having severe HG for 9 months will make post partum feel like a cake walk though :wink:

Hoping Lucy is adjusting to life on the outside well :) Post more pics if you get a chance... they are so ENCOURAGING :)

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby Jolene » Oct 26, 2005 2:01 pm

Thanks girls! I had my 2 week PP appt today and she said the way I am bleeding is totally normal. I also had a weird smell, but it has gone away, thankfully. Lucy's umbilical cord fell off this morning!!! I am so excited, I went out and got her a bunch of pretty little premie outfits. She weighed 5 pounds 14 ounces at the breast feeding group I go to this morning. Little Miss is already near her birth weight. I will definately post more pictures as soon as I can.
Jolene
HG Diva

Postby bunniet » Oct 29, 2005 10:18 pm

I'm 3 weeks post c/s and I'm still bleeding as well...it stopped in the hosptial and resumed this week like it was while in the hospital! :( It's VERY annoying! I've been told I'm doing too much! With 7 children what's a girl to do!!!!!????!!!!
Cheri
Cheri
ImageImage
Leah & Alicia
Joshua
Jonathan
Nicholas
Michael
Mara
HG with all pg's
bunniet
Opinionated HGer