can't catch a break

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

can't catch a break

Postby JennyK » Aug 11, 2006 6:13 pm

No, I didn't yak up my feeding tube again. It's nothing that bad. I have another UTI. This must be about the sixth time (or more?) I've been on antibiotics this pregnancy, and this time I'm going to have to swallow pills. Please cross your fingers they don't stick to the tube in my throat and set off endless gagging. A UTI isn't that big of a deal, but how many more layers can we add to my misery? I'm counting down the minutes.
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Postby aaronsmommy » Aug 11, 2006 6:21 pm

Can't you crush them and put them down the tube? Or even better, ask for something that comes in a liquid?

Antibiotics always got the better of me when pg, I'm sorry.

35 weeks tomorrow?? Here's to no helicopter rides :D !
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby JennyK » Aug 11, 2006 6:28 pm

I can't take any chances with this tube clogging so I don't want to put crushed pills down it. Why didn't I think to ask for a liquid?? Now the doctor's office is closed so I'll give the pills a try and page the doc if I can't swallow them without triggering puking.

Today is 34 weeks, 6 days. If I go into labor in the next 6 1/2 hours I still get a plane ride. They are really strict about the 35 week rule. Must be because of all the damn lawyers. ;)
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Postby aaronsmommy » Aug 11, 2006 6:37 pm

I'm sure they could give you enough terb to hold you off until after midnight. If not, you probably wouldn't be stable enough for that helicopter ride anyway!

I think you've made it far enough to deliver at home!
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby blessedw4 » Aug 11, 2006 6:39 pm

Jenny,

I so understand your pain of UTI's. I had them my entire pregnancy. So I so feel your pain. Your getting closer hang in there.

:hugs:
Marti
With my 4 miracles Annie, Hannah, Nate, and Leah
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." ~Mother Teresa
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end
blessedw4
HG Diva

Postby Proudmama » Aug 11, 2006 6:54 pm

Jenny,
You are so close to the end of this horrible ride. Just hang on for the last few weeks. UTI are awful and the extra meds are not a treat either but it will be over soon. My Doctor did not want to treat my UTI's and did not. He just made sure that my body fought them. I also had two sinus infections and a really nasty cold that I had meds to take. Not fun when you are on other meds as well. Just think, in three months time, you will be holding your newest addition to the family and thinking, "It was all so very worth it".

Hugs
Jamie
DS born 2004-HG (Week 6-Week 20)
DD born 2006-HG (Week 5-Delivery)
Proudmama
Master of HG

Postby JennyK » Aug 11, 2006 8:31 pm

DH got home with the Rx and they are coated capsules. No sticking. Whew! I had a lot of trouble trying to swallow pills when I did this 6 months ago. Now if I could only pee!!
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Postby nomore » Aug 11, 2006 8:56 pm

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

35 weeks in a few hours. Now, that IS an accomplishent :) I know it feels like forever, but the end is so close you can almost touch it. I hope the pills are OK.... and I cant wait till this is over for you.... you just gone through the ringer too many times Jenny. :(

Are they talking about when you are going to deliver? I know all of the scares & such, but do you have an end date or timeframe yet????

:hugs: :hugs:
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby PamelaRose » Aug 11, 2006 9:08 pm

*sigh* Jenny, Jenny, Jenny... Hold off til my package gets there, ok? :P
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby JennyK » Aug 11, 2006 9:48 pm

I don't know when I'll deliver. Now that I'm to the point where they won't stop labor I'm sure nothing will happen spontaneously. I think it's going to be a matter of how long I can hold out and when lungs are mature. I'm thinking anywhere from 1-3 weeks from now (36-38 weeks). I hope I'll make it far enough that we can bank on the baby coming home from the hospital with me.
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Aug 12, 2006 8:37 am

I'm teary eyed at all you've gone through! I hope the pills go down and stay down easily, and that you feel better asap! I can't wait for your little boy to safely arrive!!
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby mammaclare » Aug 12, 2006 10:50 am

Oh I wish I caught this earlier0--there is a one time liquid med for UTIs called Monural. You get a packet of powder at the pharmacy and then mix w/ water and chug (or "bong" through your NG tube). And it is one that one dose. I had to do it last PG and it did take 2 doses before one stayed down, but so much better than Macrobid horsy pills. Keep it in mind if the pills stop going down.

You are so close!
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby mandy » Aug 12, 2006 2:04 pm

You so deserve to take that boy home with you at the same time as you leave hospital, Jenny. I hope you at least get that. You have been through so much!

In fact you should be granted a labour at 37 weeks which begins when you feel a little 'ouch' pain, go to the hospital, meerly sneeze and out pops a perfect 7lb boy. Mmmm...........................fingers crossed! :wink:

M x
mother of two
hg from wk 6 - daughter born in 1999
hg from wk 5 - son born in 2002
mandy
HG Diva

Postby JennyK » Aug 14, 2006 12:12 pm

I'm on keflex, not macrobid. I took macrobid once in my first pregnancy and guess what...it made me throw up. A lot. The keflex pills are going down okay and my UTI symptoms have disappeared. I thought I was going to have to get catheterized Friday night.

I'm doing everything I can to take care of this tube properly but I have to admit I'm hoping it will clog. It's flushing really slowly. I'll try more Coke and I'm sure it'll last a little while longer. But if it doesn't clog you guys are going to read that I ripped the #!&*#$ thing out of my nose pretty soon.
Jenny
Annie, January '04
Will, August '06
JennyK
Forum Moderator

Postby bratty477 » Aug 14, 2006 1:48 pm

Again, you are such a trooper through this whole thing. I had UTI with the first pregnancy and the antibiotic pills were horrendous. In this second pregnancy, I got hit with 2 respiratory infections and oh, the antibiotics were no fun again. Despite all that I went through in both pregnancies combined, it doesn't compare with what you've fought and have been winning. Hang in there...just a bit more longer...
bratty477
HG Expert

Return to Third Trimester HG