Finally!!

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Finally!!

Postby dwtegli » Sep 25, 2004 9:43 pm

Well, Thursday when we went and saw the doc, he checked me and said, oh, the baby is engaged now, you are having this baby today. I was dilated to 4 and was only having contractions about every 10 minutes. He sent us over to the hospital where we checked in at 10:10 am. We sat over there getting checked in and monitored until about 11:45 when he finally came over and broke my water. He then had the nurse start pitocin and my epidural. by 12:15 they had both in and the epidural was starting to kick in but hadn't completely kicked in yet. The babies' heartbeat was dropping with each contraction, so the nurse decided to put an electrode on him. When she went to put it on, she says, oh you are a stretchy eight, we better call the doc. So he comes in and three very painful, very long, pushes later, Colton James came into the world at 6 pounds 5 ounces. He was 3 1/2 weeks early but perfectly healthy. He is adored by both of his older sisters of course.

The only disappointment I have is that after being able to bounce back right after my girls were born, this one is a lot tougher. I just can't seem to get it together. I am very tired, extremely sore, BUT NO NAUSEA!! Thank god for small favors. At least in roughly a week the soreness should be gone, and maybe (dare I say it) I will feel normal? I can't wait.

I will post a link to his picture early next week and maybe post some pics then too.
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Postby MamaLily » Sep 25, 2004 11:06 pm

Wendy -

:D Oh, congratulations! I'm so happy to hear that little Colton James is here and that everything went well. And, you're HG free! I hope you feel better soon...you deserve it!

Can't wait to see some pictures...

- Anna
"The little reed, bending to the force of the wind, soon stood upright again when the storm had passed over." - Aesop
MamaLily
Opinionated HGer

Postby caleighbelle47 » Sep 26, 2004 3:14 am

congratulations, I'm so jealous. I while on oahu I lost my regular OB, but I got a new one and she let me come home. I just got home from the hospital again. The contractions just won't stop. I'm so glad your pregnancy is finally over. And most of all that you have a healthy baby. Hope you feel better soon.

Angela
caleighbelle47
Forums Administrator

Postby Brenda » Sep 26, 2004 1:49 pm

Congrats!!!

I love seeing these HG birth stories. It gives me hope. Do me a favor please??? Please take a big huge gulp of somthing cold & refreshing for me. I am so thirsty. I remember that was my favorite first thing after I had my dd.

I am so happy to hear your baby is born and the HG misery is over. What a beautiful name!!! I can't wait to see a picture. I hope your recovery goes quick and you are feeling normal soon!!!

Hugs
Brenda
Isabella HG Baby #1 11/21/02
Spencer HG Baby #2 4/16/05
Victoria HG Baby # 3 12/19/06
Brenda
Opinionated HGer

Postby Natalie » Sep 26, 2004 5:32 pm

Wendy - many congratulations to you. What fantastic news - Colton is here and he is just fine after everything you went through!

I hope you start feeling less sore very soon and you can really begin to enjoy getting to know your new family member.

I'm looking forward to seeing the piccies too :D

Love Natalie
Natalie
Forum Moderator

Postby Chedasha » Oct 03, 2004 8:11 am

Congrats!!! Im so gladyou made it through and the HG is over for you!!

he is a gorgeous bubba.. you have done well

Kat
DD Estella Dawn 06/06/2011
Chedasha
Welcomed Friend

Postby dwtegli » Oct 03, 2004 10:48 am

Thanks all,

I am feeling much better now. It has been 10 days now since he was born and I am feeling pretty close to normal. I have been our running around a few times this week and I of course overdo it and get tired out but I LOVE it. I am not completely recovered of course, but I feel better than I have in 8 months so I am definitely done complaining. Except when I overdo it, then I complain to my DH that I am sore, LOL. He gets a kick out of that. After me not doing anything for so long, he is loving it that I am finally cleaning house and running errands and helping with the kids. I am still unable to take care of our sixteen month old because she isn't the greatest around the baby. She is pretty jealous and wants to be right there when you feed him. The other night, she fell on him while daddy was feeding him, and we decided that was it, we need to keep her far away at feeding time. Tough to do when you are alone with obth of them. Soon I should be up to handling them both. I can't wait. It will be nice to not have to send her to grandmas when my DH works evenings. I still am wondering how I am going to deal with three kids. I never wanted kids this close together. I originally wanted them three years apart. Boy did I blow that one out of the water considering they are 7 years apart and 16 months apart. Oh well, god has wierd sense of humor with this last one. I don't know what I would do without him though.,

After everything we have gone through during this pregnancy, I couldn't ask for a better ending. I was a little worried before Colton was born that I wouldn't bond with him like I did with the girls, just because of all the trouble, but boy was I wrong. He is definitely going to be momma's boy. My girls are both 100% daddy's girls, so this one is going to be mine.

Sorry this is so long.

I really want everyone who is suffering to know that I know how you feel. I will never forget that, and there is an end. It doesn't seem like it now, but there is. You will feel better, and you will have a beautiful baby to hug and kiss (my favorite part, he can't push me away yet) and love forever.

Hugs to everyone,
Wendy,
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. ~ Jill Churchill
dwtegli
Forums Administrator

Return to Third Trimester HG