Will it ever freaking end???

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Will it ever freaking end???

Postby Cin » May 30, 2006 5:07 pm

If you are in the first or second tri, you might not want to read this.

So this is my third bad day this week, just when I was starting to be almost fluffy, going out to lunch once in a blue moon, making it through whole weeks at work, etc., etc.

Today I lost everything I tried to eat or drink until about 3, including my meds. Grrrr.

I know it could be so much worse, but I'm also afraid I'm being sucked back into full-time HG hell.

I can't go back. I can't. My kids have suffered too much. I just can't go backwards. But how do I stop it???? I feel so utterly helpless.

I just feel like it won't be long till I'm back getting IVs and living in the bathroom.

I'm trying to put it into perspective.... I had a reprieve, and so many others are sick until delivery. But I'm really scared.

Thanks for listening.
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby krisalis » May 30, 2006 6:36 pm

(((( Cin))))

I'm so sorry the Hg monster has come back to haunt you. I know how discouraging it is to think you are "starting" to feel better only to find out that was as good as it gets.

The good news is that , unlike in the begginning you KNOW when this will end. Even if it gets really bad ( crossing my fingers it won't) . It will definatly end in about 11 weeks. You can even count down the days.

I'll be thinking of you and hoping today was an anomaly and tomorrow is 100% better.

Kris
krisalis
HG Expert

Postby mammaclare » May 30, 2006 7:49 pm

Yes--you are UNDER 3 months!! It will go faster than you think...

It may be a quirky day, it may be a short relapse with better days ahead, OR it may be that something else is going on. Many of us had late relapses when there was another cause.

Are you having allergy issues at all? Could you have a UTI or some other infection? Did you miss a little sleep in the past week? Is it getting really hot or humid where you live? Any of those things can herald in a brief relapse.

The good news is that since you did have a small reprieve, it may very well happen again. Until then, take it easy and try to pay attention to make sure nothing else is going on. And if you need fluids, GO GET THEM!! You dont have to try and be a trooper just because you aren't in the early part of pregnancy!!

(((((Cin)))))
Clare
Mommy to Rory Benjamin 8-28-03
And Kieran Alexander 12-15-06
HG Babies-Week 5 to The Bitter End!
mammaclare
Forum Moderator

Postby Cin » May 30, 2006 9:52 pm

Thanks, Clare and Kris,

I'm feeling much better now, was able to eat supper and play with the kiddos.

I've had such a long reprieve (things started getting better in March, went on vacay and felt great, then went downhill for a month, then another reprieve)..... everytime I turn downhill, I think I kind of panic. :oops:

It will be eight weeks as of June 2 -- my section is August 2. I would just rather spend those eight weeks being well and getting ready for baby, y'know? :|

Thanks again.... and hugs to both of you, I know you're both in the thick of it.

(Kris, I really must find an excuse to get to Calgary once our babies are born! Have a little "HG reunion", without the HG! :lol: )
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby tgger007 » May 30, 2006 11:32 pm

Cin,

*hugs you tight*

I'm so sorry. I totally understand. I think you and i are close on our due dates. I was doing OK and now I can't even keep down the one food I had not been sick this whole time on!! Just happened today. I'm like, dont fail me now!!!

I noticed my allergies and asthma has been a pain.. so I'm hoping that is part of it. My heartburn also spiked, so talked about increasing the Zantac.

We are almost there hon!
tgger007
Forum Moderator

Postby teddi » May 30, 2006 11:58 pm

(((CIN)))
I'm hoping this is just a small setback. But hop back on your meds if this continues. Don't get dehydrated though, try and stay on top of it.
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Postby Atsie » May 31, 2006 4:14 am

((((Cin))))
Big hugs to you . Hoping it is just a bad day and not a relapse!
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » May 31, 2006 5:06 am

oh dear. i know that feeling, and i have tears in my eyes for you :cry: i went up and down myself, so i'm hoping this is just a temporary setback for you.
big huge hugs
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby Cin » May 31, 2006 11:38 am

Thank you so, so much, everyone.

Back at work today -- only got sick once this morning, in the shower (man I hate to shower now!)

Feel pretty crappy, but meds are in and staying in, and I'm able to cope with the nausea and work. (I think I feel like "bad" m/s right now, as I remember it from pg 1 and 2. But hard to remember!)

I think this says it all: :verygreen: but at least I'm not doing this: :sickfast:

Thanks again, I'll keep you updated.
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby Gracie » May 31, 2006 6:46 pm

Cin & Kris... I've got a bunch of family & friends in Calgary and Edmonton... and I need a vaca. Let me know if you are up to a get-together!
Gracie
Gracie
Master of HG

Postby krisalis » May 31, 2006 7:24 pm

Cin,
I'm glad you are feeling " better". I hope it continues to improve. I spent last night puking up the soles of my feet but I think it was my own fault. We have a bunch of leftover desserts from my birthday on Mon and I overindulged.

Gracie,
I'd love to get together. My social options have been somewhat limited lately and it would be so cool to meet up with people who understand why.
I'm in Edmonton. If you ever get out this way just let me know.

Kris
krisalis
HG Expert

Postby Cin » May 31, 2006 10:33 pm

Ah, Edmonton is much "closer" for me than Calgary -- it's Yellowknife's gateway city to the south, I fly through there on a semi-regular basis.

Can't fly again till after baby -- we'll have to see if we can co-ordinate a HER mini-conference then!

Made it through the whole day with only one puke! :D :mrgreen: And I ate three meals! Hooray!
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Jun 01, 2006 1:50 am

YAY! Glad it's at least going in the right direction, but hoping for puke-free days ahead for you!! Can't wait to meet little girl :lol: Do you have clothes for her lined up?

Hugs

Sarah
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby Cobysmom75 » Jun 01, 2006 2:01 pm

(((((CIN)))))
I am so sorry to hear that. I too have relapsed these past 3 days and had a serious vomit session last night at 20 1/2 weeks pregnant. I started crying and felt discouraged. I wonder if it will ever end as well. I hope you get some relief soon!
Cobysmom75
Been There Done That

Return to Third Trimester HG