Slam bang start to the third...

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Slam bang start to the third...

Postby Jaina » May 20, 2015 8:21 pm

So I started having Braxton Hicks at 27 weeks. No big deal right? Yeah. Followed by a spot of blood two weeks ago and now this past Monday not a lot but a decided amount of blood in the discharge. Luckily I already had an appointment for later that day.

So they did a pelvic (ow!!) and a fetal fibronectin which sadly came back positive so now more tests for me. We get a non-stress test and a follow up on appointment tomorrow and a fetal size check and placenta check next week because they don't like my lack of weight gain on top of it all.

I am struggling to stay positive and optimistic and not stress about this. I am failing. I'm getting a psych consult soon too because I just feel so overwhelmed and down about all this. I knew the HG was going to suck going in to this, I was mostly prepared to be miserable because of that. This pre term labor stuff on top of it... I don't know, feels like I'm being punished or I'm not supposed to have kids. I'm 29 weeks and I'm just so scared about what could happen not even in the next 11 weeks but just in the next one. I know it's childish but it just seems so unfair.
Jaina

Re: Slam bang start to the third...

Postby DivineLotus » May 20, 2015 10:58 pm

I don't know if this sounds bad but I wish I had preterm labor. I feel any baby will be fine born at 30 weeks. Really tired of being pregnant, its not fun and does not feel good.

Glad we are all in the third tri though. Few more weeks and we will get to hold our new babies.
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Postby Threesacharm » May 21, 2015 7:25 pm

Wow. I have been tracking the weeks to see when a baby is viable since early in the second try. Looks like we are both on the same page with that :wink: . I had to have a real talk with my husband and explain my feelings. People telling me "Only 10 more weeks!" is not a comfort when I am beyond miserable. I'm trying to be a trooper until 34 weeks. At 35 weeks, I'm doing cartwheels and going hiking. I need this baby out. I thought I would start feeling happier and getting excited as time goes on. It hasn't happened yet.
Threesacharm
Been There Done That

Postby Threesacharm » May 21, 2015 7:36 pm

Jaina- I'm sure you are overwhelmed! Anything on top of hg just seems like over kill. Hopefully the doctors will be successful in holding off labor for you. I had to have non stress test weekly with my last pregnancy. My son was born just a tad early and is a very healthy little boy. It's a good thing to talk to someone about your feelings. I've been debating it myself but I'm just so stubborn. I think you are very courageous. Good luck to baby and you.
Threesacharm
Been There Done That

Return to Third Trimester HG