Not to give TMI BUT

Moms with HG in their 3rd trimester.

Moderators: HelenA, caleighbelle47, MichellevsHG, mammaclare

Not to give TMI BUT

Postby helpme1277 » Jun 20, 2007 1:18 pm

OMG I think I have a uti or something. For the past few days ive had a yellowish discharge but my ob is on vacation this week so I was trying to hold out until next week. Lets just say that wasnt a good idea. I woke up yesterday and i was so swollen down there I could barely wash. Has anyone had this problem? I think its a uti but im not sure i have never had one this bad this is awful. This morning it bothered me so much i went to the doctor that is covering for my ob and they made me wait 3 hours i got so fed up i left :twisted: so now im still suffering. i hope this goes away
NIKKI

helpme1277
Opinionated HGer

Postby twillow » Jun 20, 2007 3:15 pm

Nikki,
Sounds like it could be bacterial vaginosis - which untreated can lead to PTL. It can be treated with vaginal antibiotic gel, but you do need to get it diagnosed ASAP. I had recurrent UTI's growing up and never had your symptoms. My sister did have BV with her last pregnancy and her symptoms were the same as yours. I know it's a bitch when you're tired and sick, but I think that you should go back.

Tiff
twillow
Been There Done That

Postby kyatksn » Jun 20, 2007 3:49 pm

I was thinking that it sounded more bacterial or maybe even bad yeast infection-ish. Either way you don't want to mess with it. I know you are at the end of your rope trying to deal w/ all that you have going on, and that messing w/ waiting around for drs. is the last thing that you want, but you HAVE to get treatment!! (Can you even imagine if you go into labor and you have to deliver with that going on?!?!? No thanks!)
kyatksn
HG Diva

Postby dani » Jun 20, 2007 4:58 pm

i agree with kylla! i wouldn't want to deliver with that going on... head to the ER if you cant get into the doc chickpea!
Kaitlyn 8/29/03 - moderate HG
loss m/c - 7/28/06 - N/P
Evan 8/15/07 - severe HG
dani
Been There Done That

Postby TwoIsEnough » Jun 20, 2007 5:56 pm

Nikki,
Sorry that you are tossed yet another issue. I have had three UTI's, and now a kidney infection and my symptoms were not anything "external" or anything like you described. I would agree with the others that it sounds like bacterial or yeast. No matter what I would get it taken care of as you wouldn't want to pass it on during delivery or cause PTL. (As much as you are ready to be done, PTL would not be good) It is best to get anything and everything cleared up prior to delivery. Don't worry about "bothering" your doctor, I am sure that he/she would rather get it taken care of now then have it linger and have to treat both you and your daughter for something.

:hugs:
Lauren

DD#1: Moderate HG for six months then PTL.
DD#2: Severe HG all the way through delivery along with PTL.

TwoIsEnough
HG Expert

Postby jackie » Jun 20, 2007 6:50 pm

Just an FYI (i.e. in case you're not familiar with BV) it is NOT an STD, so you could have it with or without having sex for awhile. You definitely should get it checked out, and tell your dr. that you need to be seen immediately. One time the nurses just skipped over me, and it took me all of 20 min. to start raising hell. No HGer should ever have to wait.
Jared HG 6 weeks-Delivery
jackie
HG Diva

Postby Hilary » Jun 20, 2007 8:06 pm

I agree that it sounds like a BV infection. If you can't see the dr go to L&D. I hope you are ok! Let us know! :hugs:
Hilary
Devoted to You

Postby kk » Jun 21, 2007 9:25 am

Hey hun!! I agree with everyone else - it does sound like b.v and yea its not an std. Go and get checked out as it can get really uncomfortable..........

:hugs: :hugs:

Kate x x x x x x x x
kk
Opinionated HGer

Postby Marie » Jun 21, 2007 9:50 am

Any updates?
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Postby helpme1277 » Jun 21, 2007 8:00 pm

I am so pissed I went 2 L and D cuz I was\am in pain. the dr. on call asked me why didn't I call my dr. I told him she is on vacation. he said I should have called the dr/ covering cuz what I have is Not a emergency. it took him a hour to examine me. he looks for 1 second says yeast inf. and that's it. I think its more than that. he didn't treat me at all just sent me home and said get 2 my ob when she gets back mind u I am in severe pain. today I bought some monistat but it is NOT WORKING! I don't know what 2 do, so I just continue 2 suffer.
NIKKI

helpme1277
Opinionated HGer

Postby Hilary » Jun 21, 2007 10:13 pm

I would be so frustrated! Does you dr have an on call dr filling in? You might try that?! I have never heard of a yeast infection causing your symptoms! But...I guess he took a peak. Did he run a culture?
Hilary
Devoted to You

Postby Cin » Jun 22, 2007 11:13 am

I had BV when pg with Naomi. Sounds exactly like it. See another doc.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby phillybrenda » Jun 22, 2007 6:31 pm

not sure what to tell you besides seeing another doctor - but hopefully they told you not to use the internal Monistat - just the kind you put on the outside....

good luck....
phillybrenda
Devoted to You

Postby helpme1277 » Jun 23, 2007 12:51 pm

nope i used the internal one??? why whats wrong with it? luckily for me it started working and i dont feel nearly as bad but my ob returns this week thank god
NIKKI

helpme1277
Opinionated HGer

Postby mjmama » Jun 23, 2007 1:49 pm

Just wanted to let you know I just delt with the same issue. I had a yeast infection and my dr told me to use the over the counter Montistat internally. It's been wonderful. I have no more symptoms. Yeast infections are aweful especially when your pg. I don't think theres anything wrong with using it internally, my dr said it was ok. Better to do that and treat it then to let it go untreated.

Also, before I called my dr about the yeast infection I was also wondering if it could be BV. My symptoms with this yeast infection where different than when I'm not pg. I found a little test at the store that could tell you if what you have is somthing more than just a yeast infection. It can't narrow down what it is but it tests the acidity in your discharge and let's you know if you have too much which signals something more than a yeast infection. I can't remember the name of the product now, but it was in the same isle as the monistat and it was about $8.
Tabitha

Three miracles:
Malachi 9/29/01
Joshua 7/4/03
Lincoln 7/11/07

mjmama
Been There Done That

Return to Third Trimester HG