First Pregnancy Newbie & HG or Horrible Morning Sickness

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

First Pregnancy Newbie & HG or Horrible Morning Sickness

Postby C&G'sMommy » May 08, 2006 8:42 pm

I found out I was pregnant a week ago, I'm 6 weeks. My husband and I thought I just had a bad case of the stomach flu, but after a week of it and not getting any better, I went to the doctor and found out I was pregnant. We weren’t trying for a baby, but we’re so excited now. Anyway I know morning sickness is common in pregnancy, but I need to know if what I am going through is normal because it’s kinda scaring me. Does this sound like HG to you all or am I just overreacting? I’m nauseous 24/7 but its worse when I get up in the morning and am about to go bed and no matter what I try I can’t get rid of it. I have no appetite and I can’t stand being around food most of the time, but I’m still eating because I know how important it is, just not as much because it usually comes up later on in the day. Liquids and I have been okay for now as long as its not sweet. I can't handle anything sweet or has a flavor in general, just thinking about it makes me want to gag. I’ve been having dizzy spells and I’m throwing up a lot, at least 3 to 5 sessions a day, terrible dry retching, and sometimes it gets so bad I can’t seem to catch my breath. And after I get sick the nausea gets worse not better. I’ve already missed 3 days of work last week. I missed today as well from not being able to walk around alot due to the nausea. I really don’t know much more of this I can take. I never would’ve guessed pregnancy would be this difficult. My husband and I are both extremely worried since this is our first pregnancy and we've both never heard of HG before. I came by this site on me searching for severe morning sickness. My husband called my doctor and she just said that my morning sickness was normal and to go on until our next appointment, but either one of us believe what she's saying. I've got friends and family who I have seen pregnant and they never got this sick. We both would appricate all the answers, suggestions, and support you all have.

Thanks,

Brooke
C&G'sMommy
Master of HG

Postby megs4413 » May 08, 2006 9:15 pm

it sounds like it's at least severe NVP. It could be the beginnings of HG.

The dizziness is what concerns me. You may be getting dehydrated from the vomiting. are you also having headaches? disorientation? the nausea can get worse after vomiting because dehydration causes nausea. You may ask your OB if you can be evaluated for dehydration. One of the most important things is to keep hydrated. If you can tolerate an electrolyte solution you should try it. Kaelectrolyte packets come unflavored I think. you mix them with water and it helps to rehydrate you. Remember: water alone can't keep you hydrated! That is a lesson I learned the hard way.

Ask your doctor if you can start taking unisom and b6. That is the first step on the treatment path. Some people find that it's the last one they need to take and they get the illness under control enough to make it through. Others see the HG get worse and have to take other measures.

If you are scared about your situation, I would avoid reading too many of the stories and posts in here! The likelihood is that you will not develop a case of HG (if you do have HG) that is as bad as some of the women here experienced. You will worry yourself needlessly so please resist the temptation!

I'm sure some of the other ladies will chime in here, but I just wanted to give you a reply. Please take care of yourself. If you do not feel comfortable with what your doctor is saying, stand up for yourself. You know much better than she does about what's going on with you! Let us know how you are doing!
megs4413
HG Diva

Postby Cin » May 08, 2006 9:23 pm

Brooke, welcome.

Could be morning sickness, could be HG. Don't panic yet and self-diagnose, but good for you to search for answers.

Here's the big questions:

1. Have you lost weight? If so, how much? (greater than 5% of your pre-pregnancy weight?)
Have you gone 24 hours without being able to eat or drink, or without being able to keep anything down?
Are you still vomiting a lot and/or extremely nauseous after trying some of the usual drugs used for nausea and vomiting in pregnancy (such as a low dose of Unisom and vitamin B6, or Gravol?)

If you answered no to these, it is more likely to be nasty morning sickness than HG. I suggest you find a mild and safe anti-nauseant medication, and use it according to your doctor's instructions.

If you answered 'yes' to these (especially #2) you may need to see a doctor ASAP. You may be dehydrated.

The key about HG is that, at its worst, it is debilitating. Absolutely debilitating. At my worst, everything made me need to throw up -- light, sound, movement, smells, rough clothing on my skin, my own saliva -- everything. And I have a mild case of HG!

My HG didn't really kick in until the second trimester. Most women, though, begin HG in the first trimester.

Many women's symptoms start "mild" at week six, like bad morning sickness, and just go completely downhill very quickly. What at first seems like bad morning sickness turns into obvious HG in a matter of days or a week.

But everyone is different.

Please, take careful note of your weight and your ability to drink now. If either goes downhill, see a doc.

Sincerely hoping it's just morning sickness!
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby Terri » May 09, 2006 4:06 am

Brooke,

Congratulations on being pregnant, first of all! The tiny little human that you get for all of this will be amazing!

Your symptoms sound like mine when I first had HG. I also didn't know what HG was and thought it was just morning sickness. And I also was sicker than anyone I had ever known during pregnancy. But that doesn't mean that you have it, necessarily. Keep track of what you eat, drink and how much you weigh.

I, too,am concerned that your Dr. isn't hearing you. At the very least I think you should call her(him?) back and tell her clearly that this is NOT just morning sickness, and you really think you should be evaluated sooner than your next appt. Don't let your Dr. blow you off. And if they do anyway, then change your doctor!

You can do a pee-on-a-stick sort of test to see if you are dehydrated. You can buy Ketostix, which test for ketones in your urine, at the pharmacy - look with the diabetes stuff or ask your pharmacists. Ketones, while a being a reliable indicator, are only one indicator. If you think you are dehydrated, you should get yourself to the ER for fluids. This is very very important! Hydration is EVERYTHING.

Good luck! I hope your symptoms do not get worse, but if they do - here we are!! And please keep us updated on how you're doing!
~~Terri
Cassidy Joan HG 06/07/01
Mystery Baby HG Due 08/14/06
Terri
Been There Done That

so sorry

Postby samib » May 09, 2006 2:25 pm

Hi there,

Congrats on being pregnant. I'm sorry you are feeling so horrible. I know you feel that you can't take much more, but you will surprise yourself, you are stronger than you think, and you will get through it. It's difficult at the beginning because of the long stretch of road ahead seems to go on forever. Like you I never imagined I would or could be so sick from being pregnant, it's devastating :cry: Diagnosing HG seems to be difficult and as Cin said everyone is different, so time will tell. Try to see your doctor, be DEMANDING, and if you don't have the energy, ask your husband to demand for you. He/She shouldn't be ignoring you, maybe find a new doctor. My doctor wouldn't see me either until 12 weeks. :evil:

Take Care,

Samantha
samib
Been There Done That

Postby C&G'sMommy » May 09, 2006 4:13 pm

Okay this "morning sickness"... has gone from bad to terrible. I barely survived last night, spent most of the night in the bathroom. I'm beginning to think it might be smart for me to sleep either in the bathroom or with a trashcan by the bed. My husband got off work around 8 last night, he had a meeting, and found me in the bathroom, half way asleep with my head resting on the toilet seat. He tried to move me and I started throwing up again. I was so nauseous and kept on getting sick, sudden movements made the nausea worse, so I spent most of my day in there. I think I threw up and dry heaved about 4 times and on top of that I could feel myself beginning to get a migraine, which made me feel even sicker, and I couldn't even hold my pill, which has a small amount of a anti-nausea medication in it, but not enough to help, down. He helped me around the house a little and make dinner for himself. Eating was the last thing on my mind. He's worried about me becoming dehydrated, so he's watching me like a hawk, and me being as stubborn as I am is going to say no I'm not. Is being extremely pale and sweaty a sign of dehydration or is it just because of all the vomiting?

I've been drinking liquids the best to my ability, but they can't have any sweetness or strong flavors in them, same with food. I can't stand the smell. So I've just about given up on food completely and going into the kitchen isn't an option. I actually made Luke promise that we'd change our soap brand and had him remove all the candles from our bedroom and the living room. I can only sip water every now and then. But all this sickness and misery on my part is worth it, this baby means the world to both of us and we'll do anything for it.

My husband called my doctor again to ask if she would at put me on some anti-nausea medication, she said no because there was nothing wrong with me. I just wanna know if she thinks I’m making this up because who in their right mind would make something like this up! And if she’s right and this is normal then how can women stand being pregnant. Our next appointment is in less than 2 weeks away but I don’t know if I can make it until then.

I'm not feeling much better today at all. I've already been sick five times. I tried to go to work this morning, with my hair thrown into a messed up ponytail/bun and the first thing I grabbed in my closet that didn’t cling to me, and I made it to the car, without falling over or puking in the plants, then Luke, who was watching me from the door, said there was no possible way I was going to work being as sick and as dizzy as I was and sent (helped) me back in the house, which is a good thing because like 3 seconds after he got me on the couch I started throwing up. Thinking back now I realize there is no possible way I’ve gone go to work and stayed there for more than like 30 minutes. I just don't wanna loose my job. I can only hope maybe someone will understand and give me a break, because I've only got another week of vacation days. So now here I am crashed on the couch with my laptop, a glass of water, two plain crackers as far away from me as possible and that haven’t been touched, a couple baby furniture magazines in case I feel up to choosing my favorite crib sets so we can decide on which one would work for the baby’s nursery, a cool washcloth on the back of my neck, a comfy blanket, and a trashcan within arms reach. It’s taken me over an hour to write this whole thing having to stop between waves of nausea. I swear all I want to do is rip my stomach out of my body, leave the baby in of course, and throw it away!

Megs4413- Yea I have headaches, migraines, and headaches from dry retching sometimes. I tried to drink a small glass of Gatorade and less than a minute later it came right back up. Tiny sips of water seem to be all I can handle at this moment.

Cin – I’ve lost 3 pounds since I've become pregnant. I can drink every little and different periods of time, but food not unless its tiny pieces of something, and that usually comes up later on.

Terri – I’m gonna send my husband after some of those Ketostix when he gets off work.

Samantha – Thanks we’re really excited about this baby. I think this might be the first time in my life me being as stubborn as I am might be a good thing.
ImageImage
~Caiden Nicholas~ - Lost 7/26/06 (Forever 17 Weeks)
Gabbriela Cadence - 6/22/07
~Taylor Blakely~ - Lost 10/3/07
C&G'sMommy
Master of HG

Postby Ivydragon » May 09, 2006 4:45 pm

Brooke,

I shoulda asked you how you were doing when you were having problems registering.

I think there is a real chance you have HG. You need to go to the ER and get hydrated. Your Dr. doesn't have to approve this. While you are there, or even now, call the Labor and Delivery station at the hospital, and tell them that you think you might have HG and need to know who the best HG DR. is. You need to change DRs. Talk to the head nurse, or have your husband talk for you.

I am so glad to hear you are stubborn - it's time for you to get to work advocating for yourself. You need hydrated. You're not able to do so orally, and you need an IV. Once you have your IV, make sure you're started on anti-vomiting meds. B6/Unisom is great, and once you are hydrated, it might be enough, but make sure that there is another option prescribed for you. Names to be aware of that are common - Reglan (helps with moving food through your digestive tract), Phenergan (in pills or suppositories, these babies will knock you out and help you sleep), Zofran (expensive, worth it). Let us know what you get prescribed. Be on the watch for adverse reactions - jittery, unable to hold still, diarrhea - common to Reglan and Phenergan. Go to the 1st trimester folder, start reading posts - you need to know this can get bad, and that you need to act proactive, and now. Starting early, like you are, starting proactive like you will be will make a huge dent in how severe this will get - and with your first pg, that is an unknown. Read the sticky in the 1st tri. folder about B6/Unisom/Zofran. You need that info.

It is not normal for you to be vomiting this much - normal morning sickness, even with vomiting, normal morning sickness means able to keep enough food and water down at a regular time of day to keep going, and I'm pretty sure you've passed that. I only had to throw up 5 times in a single day before they'd let me come in for an IV, and it sounds like you've surpassed that more than one day. Also, your aversions and symptoms don't sound like they are lessening, and I'm positive that this isn't just going to ease. Go get an IV, and then email me or post here when you get back. Make sure your husband can get on here for you - we have husband who come and post for their wives sometimes - and make sure he has my email address - I helped get you registered. I homeschool my kids, so I'm home most of the time, and easy to reach if need be.

Now, go to the ER. Call your dh - tell him to come home if he isn't there now.

Huge hugs, Andy
Mom to Aaron 14 (HG), Anna 11 (HG), Adam 8 (adopted), Andrew 8 (adopted), fostering a newborn . . .
Ivydragon
Devoted to You

Postby Cin » May 09, 2006 8:07 pm

My husband got off work around 8 last night, he had a meeting, and found me in the bathroom, half way asleep with my head resting on the toilet seat. He tried to move me and I started throwing up again.

Yup, definitely sounds like HG. Welcome to the club, unfortunately! :cry:

Now get thee to a hospital, and quick. Dehydration is very dangerous to you and baby (and I mean life-threatening). AND it makes the nausea and vomiting worse, if you can believe it. :roll:

I'll pray for you, and I'm so, so sorry you have to join HG Hell.

As for the doc..... may I make a suggestion? Switch docs NOW. Any doc who thinks your symptoms are normal needs a kick in the head. :evil:

Go to the ER! Go, go go!

(((((((Brooke))))))))))
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby Terri » May 10, 2006 5:42 am

Oof, yes, it does sound like HG has struck.

The very first thing to remember is that Hydration is the number one most important thing for you. You should get to the ER as soon as possible (read: NOW!) and get fluids.

As IvyDragon said, ask the nurses at the hospital about doctors who treat HG. And definitely change your doctor immediately. No one should ever say that there is nothing wrong with you when you stop eating, stop drinking, and stop going to work.

When you talk to your new doctor - or the doctors at the hospital - ask about Home Hydration Therapy. There are home health care complanies who can come to your house and insert an IV, and give you IV fluids on a constant basis. No more ER visits, and no more dehydration.

I was not able to tolerate any of the medications while I was sick, and the IV fluids are the only thing that kept me out of the hospital for two months.

Keep us updated!!! I hope so much that you can get the help you need FAST. The longer you let it go, the worse it will get. You're in my thoughts!
~~Terri
Cassidy Joan HG 06/07/01
Mystery Baby HG Due 08/14/06
Terri
Been There Done That

Postby Atsie » May 10, 2006 6:12 am

I hope, as Andy suggested, you went/are going to the ER. Aside from them giving you fluids they can also put you in some meds to lessen the vomitting and help you function. I never felt great while pg but meds helped me feel better. And suggest a better Dr!!!

How are doing now?
Atsie
Forum Moderator

Postby C&G'sMommy » May 10, 2006 10:04 am

Severe Dehydration from HG

I was officially diagnosed with HG by both my doctor, and the one in the hospital. Around 5:30 yesterday I was lying on the couch trying my best to get some sleep, which never came, and something just didn’t feel right. I still can’t explain it. All I know is that I was extremely thirty but couldn’t keep the water down. When Luke got home I was almost in tears, I felt so bad. I got up off the couch and began to walk over to him, to hug him, and a wave of dizziness hit me. I’ve never felt so dizzy in my life I could feel my legs going underneath me, but there was nothing I could do about it and nothing I could grab up on to. I passed out for like a split second and before Luke could catch me I hit my head on the side of our side table. I’m just glad it was my head instead of my stomach. All I can remember is screaming out in pain and other vague detains… I was really out of it from both being sick and getting it in the head.
When he got me to the hospital and carried me inside I was a little more aware of what was going on but still a little hazy. I remember my husband yelling for someone to help, me being put on a stretcher, and wheeled into an exam room. They were asking me all these questions while they looked over me, most of them Luke answered for me, all I was worried about was the baby and trying my best not to puke. The nurse, who’s perfume was making me more nauseous to begin with, stuck the thermometer in my mouth and even though my husband asked her to use the ear one, she told us that the mouth one was more accurate and had to be used. As soon as the tip went underneath my touch I felt my gagging reflexes go into full force, and it started again. They gave me an emesis basin and hooked me up to an IV. They drew some blood and did other tests, fixed my head, thank god I didn’t have to have stitches, and after 10 minutes of me dry retching they called the hospital’s on call OB, who came down 15 minutes later. He talked to both of us for a couple of minutes and told the nurse to give me some anti-nausea medication that I can’t remember, and to call my OB, so he could talk to her, and explain that he really believed I had mild or moderate HG, but had to wait for the test results to come in. They hooked up the baby to the monitor and it made me realize once again that everything I’m going through is worth it. A while later they came back and said my ketones were pretty high, I’d lost a pound in a day and a half, and that next time I shouldn’t wait this long before coming in and getting IV fluids. They then gave me Benadryl to help with the nausea and we found out extremely quickly that I was still allergic to that, I was allergic to it when I was little but was told that I had grown out of it. Turns out that doctor who said that was way wrong. They immediately unhooked me and started me on something else. The second anti-nausea medication was working okay, but the nausea was still there full blast I just wasn’t throwing up as much. The medicine they gave me for the nausea/vomiting helped sleep at little too. It’s just kinda hard when you’re being touched every 5 to 10 minutes. The doctor then came in and told us that I did have HG and that he’d talked to my OB and that she was going to transfer me to someone that had more experience in high risk/complicated pregnancies, and the OB at the hospital said he would write me a prescription for Declectin(sp?) and Reglan both in pill form. Then two IV’s later they sent me home. I’ve already thrown up once today and am constantly nauseous, but I’ve got to give the medicines time to kick in right? Or are they suppose to help immediately? I’m just hoping this medication works. I’ll keep you updated. I just want to say thanks to everyone who’s helped me out so far, it really means a lot to me. I’ve been a emotional wreck the past couple of days, especially since the diagnosis was given, and I really need someone that understands me to talk to even if it is on the computer. My husband's here for me of course and I love him for every minute of it, but he still doesn’t understand what I’m going through. He actually stayed home from work to dayto help me around the house because the doctor said I was to stressed, which I thought was really sweet
ImageImage
C&G'sMommy
Master of HG

Postby megs4413 » May 10, 2006 11:54 am

Wow. What a terrifying experience. I'm so glad you finally went in to the hospital and got fluids and a diagnosis and I would say it's a very good thing your OB recognized that she's over her head and is transferring you to a peri (high risk OB). My peri saved my life. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell your new doctor everything and make sure you stay proactive in your care. You're not "tough" if you stay home instead of going in to be hydrated you're just wreckless and stupid ( a lesson I learned the hard way). Remember that you're taking care of your baby when you're taking care of yourself. My guess is that they gave you reglan in the hospital which is an antihistamine (i think) just like benadryl and that's why it made you sleepy. Some people get real relief from the antihistamines and some don't. You might want to investigate the medication experiences folder to see what others have to say about it. The Reglan always put me straight to sleep for about an hour and then I would wake up vomiting again. You probably didn't feel as well taking your meds after you left the hospital because you were no longer on IV fluids. The fluids really make a world of difference even with the nausea. Some people really like the zofran/reglan combo. I personally think zofran is the wonder drug! It didnt' make the nausea go away, but I did stop vomiting.

FOODMENT

The tiny sips of water thing is very familiar. I think I suggested this before but you might want to have your husband go out and by some electrolyte packets. They dissolve into the water and come in unflavored varieties. This will help you to stay hydrated better than just water. Some people also find that keeping things either very cold or very hot helps. I personally had some luck with popsicles and ice.

END FOODMENT

Keep track of how much is getting in and how much is coming out. Make sure you note how much you are peeing and vomiting. THe Ketostix are a good idea as well. When do you have your first appointment with the high risk doc? Try and make it for as soon as possible. Also, do not let yourself hold off going in if things get worse, just because your appointment is coming up! Early treatment is key and you have to get the vomiting under control before it just controls you. I was always waiting it out and it just made things worse. I'm a little surprised they let you out of the hospital without seeing the new doc....or maybe you did see him and I missed that....? Let us know how you are doing and how things go with the new doc. BTW, never see that other OB again. She was an idiot and she should read up on current OB issues. I hate all these doctors that think they know better about what's going on with you than you do. Sheesh. Gimme a break.
megs4413
HG Diva

Postby jackie » May 10, 2006 6:42 pm

I am so sorry you have to go through this! Know that we are all here for you and WE UNDERSTAND. Once I was hospitalized for dehydration/HG, I was put on Zofran and Benedryl. My doctor had already tried Phenergan, however, it did not work at all. If you are still vomitting, you could possibly need a med. switch. The nausea will not go away with your drug that makes you stop vomitting (anti-emetic). Other women on this site have encouraged me to try Unisom, which has helped a great deal for my nausea. I hope you get to feeling better!!!

Jackie
Jared HG 6 weeks-Delivery
jackie
HG Diva

Postby PamelaRose » May 10, 2006 7:43 pm

Diclectin is a common med here (Unisom/B6), but it's very basic and works best on mild NVP or in conjunction with tough antiemetics. Reglan speeds the digestion, and if you're not eating it's not going to help much. You should know if meds will work after a couple doses, so if youj're not getting relief, demand something different. If oral meds are too difficult to keep down, ask for another form. You have many treatment options, and the way to find the best treatment is to keep careful track of intake, output, and weight loss, and don't settle for a little better when the next med combo may lead to MUCH better. Let us know how you do!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Cin » May 10, 2006 9:32 pm

Oh, Brooke, I started to cry when I read your last post! You poor woman! I feel so bad for my first post! :oops:

If they gave you Diclectin, I betcha you're in Canada. A combo of Diclectin and Zofran helps many, many women. Zofran stops or slows vomiting, while Diclectin helps keep the nausea to a dull roar.

You can safely take a lot of Diclectin -- I take 40 mg a day, and that's a low dose compared to many others here.

Zofran comes in several forms -- pills, IV and ODT (it dissolves under the tongue or in the vagina). As Pamela said, many women find pill formulations useless, especially if dehydrated. IV often works better (and it's free if you're in Canada and get it in a hospital!) Many women here are on dosages as high as 32 mg/day.

But Zofran is expensive. Hope you have drug insurance. (Check out the Zofran sticky on the first tri board!)

As for Reglan.... I was given that too. Found it useless and just made me feel like I needed to crawl the walls.

Please keep in mind that you may need even more fluids if you aren't feeling much better. You may need home hydration therapy. You want to stop the dehydration/vomiting cycle in its tracks, right now, or things will get even worse (if you can believe it!) :roll:

Anyway, hope the high-risk OB is good. You may want to bring a llist of possible drugs to him or her -- sometimes you get what you want when you ask.

Hugs and prayers -- remember, if you start to feel hopeless, dizzy, woozy, etc, those are dehydration signs. Get thee to a hospital -- don't be a trooper.

Fingers crossed for you!
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Cin
Forum Moderator

Postby bibliojo » May 10, 2006 9:51 pm

Hey Brooke, So sorry that you are having such a rough time of it! :( How much Diclectin did they prescribe? Like Pamela said, Diclectin is more for morning sickness rather than HG unless you are on Diclectin and something else that's a lot stronger. I've been taking 8 pills a day of Diclectin and was at one point even on 10 a day. Reglan (or your OB may be calling it Maxeran if you are in Canada - it's the same thing) for most people doesn't touch the nausea. I've found Zofran to be much more effective personally. You may have to really fight to get it but you can get it in Canada! It's expensive too but worth every penny in my books. You can also add gravol and zantac (also known as rantidine) to any of these drugs safety.

If you are in Canada and you need any help or advice, please let me know. I'll try and help out the best I can and of course, we got a bunch of other Canadian gals here too that are really great at helping out too.

Hoping for better days ahead for you real soon.

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby C&G'sMommy » May 10, 2006 11:41 pm

Hi Everyone thanks for all your support it's really welcome and needed. I'm actually not from Canada I live in the United States, I think the medicine had diclectin in it or something like that or maybe it was like diclectin, I know it started with a D either that one or doxylamine, maybe that was it. I'm talking 25 mg at night. The doctor didn't want to put me on anything strong yet, I have a tendency to react badly to some medications. Some medications have an opposite effect on me and my body reacts the opposite way. Take pain medicine for example, it might knock most people out, it does that to me too, but it also makes me extremely emotional. You look at me the wrong way and I'll burst into tears.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've been so out of it it's not even funny this medicine totally knocks me out. I'm still extremely groggy, but my husband made me wake up from my four hour nap to try and a little something, so here I will with my cracker and glass of water, hoping I don't throw it back up. We have an appointment with my new doctor tommorrow and we're gonna see if he'll put me on something that doesn't knock me out as much, and something that helps with the vomiting more I've thrown up three times today, which is better than yesterday by far but still. I'll ask about Zofran and yes thank god we do have health insurance that's what great when your parents, and aunt all work in the insurance business. Well I've gotta go lie back down, I still feel like crap and this cracker and my stomach aren't exactly agreeing with each other.

I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again.

Brooke
ImageImage
C&G'sMommy
Master of HG

Postby Eliz » May 13, 2006 11:34 pm

Brooke hope your feeling better. Lets us know how your doing and I hope everything is going okay with you and your baby.

Eliz
Eliz

Return to New to the Forums