13 weeks of suffering

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

13 weeks of suffering

Postby sickofit » Aug 12, 2005 7:11 pm

hi all..i am new here. i hope im doing this right..im terribly sick, even being on the comp makes me sick!
sickofit
Opinionated HGer

Postby rjdecker » Aug 12, 2005 9:08 pm

Hi, I'm Jenny. Just wanted to say hi. Are you talking about compazine? I had an allergic reaction to that when I was little, so I do not even try that. But know there are some options out there for you. Vit B6 and unisom help a lot. A lot of the ladies around here use zofran, in combination with another drug, depending on how the drug helps them. I found that zofran did not help me, and so I use vistaril. It worked wonders for me. I also used phenergan when the nausea and vomiting was at its peak.

Tell us a little more about you when you get some time. We are all here to support and help each other. Welcome!

Jenny
Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby PamelaRose » Aug 13, 2005 12:00 am

Welcome. You're very strong to manage to post at all during the worst of it! I know there's no way I could have handled a computer with my earlier pregnancies. If you'd like a buddy from your area to check in by phone, just send me an email by clicking the email button at the bottom of this post. Give me your name and area, and I'll have someone in touch. Hang in there!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby helen-l-a » Aug 13, 2005 11:02 am

Hi, yep I couldn't stomach the thought of getting out of bed, let alone going on the computer. I found this site after 10 weeks and even then it was an effort some days. I think even if I knew the forums were here before I did discover them I could not have posted anything or even read what the others were saying.
Hang in there, it does get better but unfortunately there is no magic week as it seems to be different for everyone.

Helenxxx :D
Mum to.....
Luke 1990 not a HG pregnancy.
Jonathan 1994 not a HG pregnancy
Emily 1998 HG pregnancy!
Thomas Bailey 2005 HG pregnancy

helen-l-a
HG Expert

Postby BrandiJK » Aug 13, 2005 9:27 pm

Hi there. Take your time and take it easy. Sometimes just knowing there are other people like you around helps.

Are you on any meds at all?
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.
BrandiJK
Master of HG

Postby IslandDreamer » Aug 14, 2005 2:45 pm

Congrats on the new baby. But so sorry you're sick. My second bout with HG, I couldn't go on the computer at all. I can relate.

Maybe you can manage to email Pamela and she can set you up with a phone buddy/volunteer? A daily chat might be helpful and cheer you up.

Hope you feel well enough to post soon.
IslandDreamer
HER Majesty

Return to New to the Forums