Frustrated in CT, could it be HG?

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Frustrated in CT, could it be HG?

Postby Nikoda2002 » Nov 17, 2007 9:44 am

Hello All,
Okay I'm not sure if I belong here or not...is it possible to get to preg #3 and not be diagnosed?? My name is Kerri (age 35) and I am 22 wks with my third child. I had my son at age 23, I was sick until 2 weeks before he was delivered by emergency c-sec. With him I gained weight, my last preg (2005) I lost 15 lbs but was over weight to begin with. I was sick right up to delivery (c-sec) which was 4 weeks early. My daughter was born on her terms my water broke and there was no turning back. This time I knew I was preg when I started "visiting" the bathroom whenever I even thought about eating. I have "good" days when I only get sick a few times, but some days I think I'm gonna see my organs in the bowl. My first preg I was at a "group" office with 5 different Dr and no one listened due to my age and that it was a like a cattle coral in and out. My last preg was with a different Dr (that I like) he told me to try milkshakes, that DOES NOT GO DOWN when your nauseated to begin with. This time seems worse, but that might be due to no sleep, between a mischivious 3 yr old and new house I only get about 5 hours a day. Could this be HG? or am I just one of the unlucky ones with really bad/long morning sickness? From reading the posts, I don't seem to have it as bad as most, but when I see a "happy" preg person all I can think is how do you enjoy this? Don't get me wrong, I love my kids but it seems like hell getting them here. Sorry for the ranting, guess I needed to vent more then I relized. Any input is appreciated. Sorry if I am stepping where I don't belong, but I just don't know anymore. Thanks for listening.
Nikoda2002
Been There Done That

Postby krdoty » Nov 17, 2007 11:11 am

You sound a lot like I did when talking about my first pregnancy. I did not realize that I had HG because nobody told me. Being overweight, or even obese, does NOT make it okay to lose weight and be so miserable during your pregnancy. NVP (nausea & vomiting in pregnancy) is a continuum. There is no clear boundary between severe morning sickness and mild HG. I really don't care where you fall on the continuum. If we can provide the information and support that will help you deal with the difficulties of your pregnancy, then you absolutely have a place here!

Have you looked through the educational pages? There is some very good information that helped me come to terms with the fact that my pregnancy experience was not normal. Here is a link to the page that is set up specifically for HG mothers. http://www.hyperemesis.org/mothers/

Here is a link to a table that helped me see which side of the NVP/HG continuum I was on. This table helped me convince myself that I belonged here during my second HG pregnancy when I felt like an imposter walking among women who were so much sicker than myself. (Any of those women today would let me have it if I tried to convince them I was an imposter!) http://www.hyperemesis.org/mothers/hype ... /index.php

I hope that you will find the information and support here that will help you deal with your difficult pregnancy. There is a stickied topic at the top of this forum where you can request a buddy if you'd like one. Or you can just develop unofficial buddyships (yes, I just made that up :) ) with the girls who are in similar places with their pregnancy and those who are brave enough to peek into the trimester forums after they are out of the day to day with HG.
Kendra, M.W.F.E.
krdoty
Pukologist

Postby PamelaRose » Nov 17, 2007 4:48 pm

Welcome, and congratulations on your pregnancy! As Kendra so clearly stated, if you're miserable and sick of being sick, it really doesn't matter if you've had an HG diagnosis--the information here can help you understand your illness and cope. We're happy you found us, and we're here to help you make it to the end. Hang in there!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby Cin » Nov 17, 2007 6:35 pm

I'm no expert, but sounds like HG to me.

I had three babies; my boys were obviously just bad morning sickness, but with Naomi it was pure misery, which sounds pretty much like what you're going through -- misery.

:hugs: :hugs: We are here to help you. Please take a look around the web site and see if any of the medication advice and food advice can help. This place was my life saver.

22 weeks is still second trimester, please come on over to the second tri folder and join us! We'd be happy to support you through this.
Mom to Alex, 12 -- NVP
Isaac, 10 -- NVP
Naomi, 8 -- HG
Edward, 4 -- avoided clinical HG through aggressive pre-emptive treatment and pure luck (aka medicated fluffy)
Cin
Forum Moderator

Return to New to the Forums