Hello everyone

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

Hello everyone

Postby nurseclear » Apr 28, 2005 3:17 pm

Hello out there! I have found hope and laughs at reading your stories! I am currently 13 weeks and barely hanging on. This is my second round with hg..the first time I ended up on TPN..this time we are trying all the drugs out there..nothing seems to work..my dr's last resort is reglan. Anyone had a good experience with it? God bless you all!
nurseclear

Postby Christi » Apr 28, 2005 3:45 pm

Welcome,
I cant speak on reglan, but there are quite a few here who have tried it.

I am on baby #3 and having had Hg every time, I would like to give you a big hug and cheer you on!

Hang in there!
Christi
Mom of 4 HG babies
daughter: 12-97
son: 8-01
son: 10-05
son 3-08
>o< mc:01-07
Christi
Opinionated HGer

Postby bunniet » Apr 28, 2005 6:09 pm

Welcome! You're not alone! I can't speak about reglan...zofran, unisom/b6 are my helpful meds. I know that there are women on the site on reglan and they can give you some info. Hugs to you and hang in there!
Cheri
bunniet
Opinionated HGer

Postby Beth B » Apr 28, 2005 7:39 pm

I'm on Reglan, along with Phenergan and Zofran. I haven't had any problems with the Reglan, and that combo seems to work for me. In my first pregnancy I was only on Zofran, and I felt awful for a lot longer than this pregnancy. Hang in there, and good luck to you!
Beth

Mom to 2 HG babies:
William 12/02
Thomas 9/05
Beth B
Opinionated HGer

Postby freesgirl » Apr 29, 2005 1:16 am

hi hun and welcome to the site.... i can speak for ** Zophran, Reglan, Phenagren, unisome/b6, zantac 150, and pepcid

the reglan did not work for me and the zophran didn't help lol still vommitted and was nauseated with both as a combination.... phenagren knocks ya out.... so does unisome.... zantac seems to be pretty good for me atm
~Crystal

08-08-02(HG whole time)

lost an angel due to miscarriage on 10-04-04

08/30/05 (HG whole time)

New Angel!!! LMP 12/14/14 so due date is around 9/20/15
freesgirl
Been There Done That

Postby HelenA » Apr 29, 2005 4:28 am

Hi and welcome!

I'm on phenergan and vit B6, and although the phenergan knocks you out, the way I see it is, if you're asleep then you're not awake feeling icky and throwing up. Hope you find the right combo for you as everyone's different.
Helen - 31 My blog
The Kids websites
Who cares for the carers? My blog about caring for a stroke victim
Imagehttp://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/n2abzkp9y.png[/img]
[/url]
Kimi - 28th May 2005
JJ - 22nd Sept 2006
James - 26th Oct 2007
HelenA
Forum Moderator

Postby nomore » Apr 29, 2005 9:04 am

Welcome :)

Im so sorry you are in the middle of HG hell :( I just wanted to tell you that reglen works best if you are able to eat at least SOME food. One of the benefits of reglen is that it speeds digestion up. If you are not keeping ANY food down/ unable to eat ANYTHING, you may not feel a huge difference.

Also, may find reglen to work the best as a combination with other meds such as zofran. Maybe if it doesnt work well by itself you can try this combo? Both are category B drugs, and are a very safe combo.

I wish you the best,

Robin
nomore
Forum Moderator

Postby rjdecker » Apr 29, 2005 9:17 am

Hello and welcome,
Congratulations on your pg and hopefully you can get on top of things and do better. I used to cry because I just wanted to enjoy a pg once! However, I guess I am not going to. I have tried the zofran and found it to not even work IV. I use vistaril and it does wonders!
I was also wondering if you are a nurse? There are quite a few of us here that are and we were recently talking about what it has to do with us that we all have HG! Kind of funny. Where do you work? Is your boss working with you okay? Are you getting support from your family?
Let us know how you are doing and welcome again!
Jenny
Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby bibliojo » Apr 29, 2005 10:40 am

Hi,

Reglan was the main drug that I used with my last pregnancy. I used this in combination with Dramamine and Ranitidine. I personally don't think that Reglan on it's own is very effective. Most people need to take it in conjunction with something else. It worked for me in helping control the vomitting, but did nothing for the nausea and it has the unpleasant side effect for some of anxiety and depression. What drugs have you tried so far?

Oh yes, and welcome to the forums! Glad you found us! :)

Joanna
2 HG pregnancies
Lukas - February 2003
Katya - October 2006

bibliojo
Forum Moderator

Postby Marie » Apr 29, 2005 12:57 pm

Hello. Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your pregnancy and being in the second trimester.

About the Reglan....I am allergic, so unable to take that one. What other meds have been tried? Usually Reglan is one of the first drugs tried not the last option.

Take Care,
Marie
HG baby arrived 11/18/99.
Lost an Angel 6/04.
HG baby arrived 7/01/05.
Marie
Master of HG

Postby teddi » Apr 30, 2005 2:02 am

I used Reglan and Zofran, as a combo together. Sometimes though- it depended on what was triggering the vomiting cycles more.

If it was nausea only- the Zofran would be more helpful. It it was bile I was vomiting, the Reglan was much more useful. I also used various other meds- including Zantac (Ranitidine) & Meclizine (like Dramamine).

Don't know if you have a pump or PICC/Midline/Central line but if you do, Reglan can be given in IV form, and sometimes meds are more effective that way.

Welcome to the forums & Congrats on the baby!
Teddi
Bert , 3/2000 HG#1, wk 6 - birth, GB removed @ 16wks
Chloe & Kaylie, 12/2004 HG #2, wk 7 - birth, pre-E/pancreatitis
~Angel babe~ March 2012
~ Baby Chuckles~ July 2013
teddi
Forums Administrator

Thank you

Postby nurseclear » May 03, 2005 4:07 pm

Thanks for all the messeges..been in the hospital and having computer issues so it has been awhile since I have been online. Yes, I am a nurse, worked in the ER untill....This is a picture of me on Reglan..sitting on the toilet with the runs puking into the garbage can in front of me from the smell..or running for the bathroom as I projectile vomit and pee my pants! Oh well, maybe I can convince my DR. to try steroids..I'm ready to try even Mary Jane :) Love to all of you...take care!
nurseclear

Postby freesgirl » May 04, 2005 2:34 am

LOL on the maryjane haha i hope steriods help you girl... and so sorry you have been so sick
~Crystal

08-08-02(HG whole time)

lost an angel due to miscarriage on 10-04-04

08/30/05 (HG whole time)

New Angel!!! LMP 12/14/14 so due date is around 9/20/15
freesgirl
Been There Done That

Return to New to the Forums