meds

Welcome to our Forums! Whether currently battling HG, planning a future pregnancy, or just needing a place to learn and be heard, start here. Sign up for a support buddy and tell us about yourself.

Moderator: PamelaRose

meds

Postby harrnr02 » Apr 07, 2005 2:31 pm

Hi Loretta. I too have felt alot the same ways you have. I currently take Zofran dissolvable or (zofran odt) and while zofran doesnt seem to help me, it does help alot of people. Possible you could try the dissolvable method which tends to be easier to digest when your vomitting all of the time. It dissolves almost instantly and its flavored so the taste is not too horrible. Its not nearly as bad as trying to swallow a pill when your nausea. Another suggestion, (which I havent tried) but that several people have suggested to me has been the suppository forms of anti-nausea, I believe Phenergan has one. I have heard SEVERAL people say that this was the only thing that helped them. I preferred to try everything else before this method, but it looks as though this may be my next trial.
harrnr02

Postby PamelaRose » Apr 07, 2005 5:26 pm

I see this is a reply to Loretta, but I'm feeling lazy today and don't want to move it...and besides, a good med discussion is always a good thing. 8)

Suppositories are really not that bad. I never used them when I wasn't in bed constantly, so I don't know what they'd be like if you actually had to function, but I found the knock-out qualities of my Phenergan suppositories quite refreshing. :P In addition to oral or sublingual meds, there's also IM, sub-q, IV form, and some have syrup. And suppository. Can't forget the HGer's dirty little secret. I thought I'd truly died and gone to hell the first time my DH brought home my suppository Rx, but they are only a dim memory now, so they couldn't have been *that* bad, right? :shock:
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Postby rjdecker » Apr 08, 2005 10:09 am

Phenergan helped me get through finishing a final paper for a graduate course. I was tired, and even took a nap for my breaks, it helped a lot. However, the suppository burned ! I hated that part, but if I could get through the first half hour, I was okay and felt a ton better!
Vistaril is also good. It helps a lot too! However, I have had to combine it with the phenergan to be able to function. the two combined really make for good naps, too!
Jenny
Jenny

Nathan, Megan, Amy, Kimmie, and Michael + 4 birds, 4 fish, 1 turtle, and 1 dog!
We live in a zoo!
rjdecker
Master of HG

Postby PamelaRose » Apr 08, 2005 10:21 pm

Oh, the burn! I remember writhing in pain after the Phenergan suppository and then blissfully passing out...good times. :shock: It never occurred to me that it was a reaction to the med until it started burning in IV form, too. That was not cool. But oral and IM Phenergan never bothered me.

That vistaril sounds like it's working well for you. Meclizine was like that for me--it was MAGIC!
Pamela

4-Time HG Survivor
*Brody (8-11-98 )
*Avery (1-24-01)
*Reilly (12-16-02)
PamelaRose
Forums Administrator

Return to New to the Forums