How Can I Help Mommie?
If your mom is feeling sick because she has a baby in her belly, she will get better in a few months. The baby is not causing her to be sick. Some mommies just feel sick when they have babies in their tummies. Laying down and resting is very important. There are a few ways you can help your mommy.
- When she is feeling very sick, play quietly and allow
her to rest a lot.
- Offer to get your mom a snack or something to drink.
- Learn how to call a friend or your dad if she needs help.
- Sit near your mom and watch TV or a video with her.
- Be gentle when you hug your mom. Her tummy may not like
to be squeezed.
- Save your loud toys for playing in your room or a friend's
- If you have brothers or sisters, help them dress and
eat so your mom can rest.
- Remember that she will get well soon and that she
loves you even though she cannot play with you very much right
Updated on: Apr. 18, 2013